chapter four

Ellie's Pov:

From the day I told Jake, its been non stop questions. I felt like I was being interrogated. The questions were serious and silly and ranged from my favorite color to what the baby was going to be named. I was sitting on my bed one day when a timid knock sounded.  

"Hey El, it's Jaz." I laughed. 

"Obviously." I said.  

"You're a bitch when you're pregnant." She pouted. I rolled my eyes. 

"What do ya need?" Her eyes lit up. 

"Oh yeah! Your parents called, they want to talk, they'll be here in an hour." My jaw hung open.  

"They want to meet the father." she told me.

I jumped for my phone, shutting the door on Jaz's face.

to: Jake 

from: Ellie 

1:05pm

My parents r coming over, they want to meet u.

I waited, anxious for my phone to buzz.

to: Ellie 

from: Jake 

1:07

I thought ur parents wanted nothing 2 do w/u

I sighed.

to: Jake 

from: Ellie  

1:08

Guess they changed their minds, can u b here in 30 mins?

I pressed send, hoping he could be here sooner.

to: Ellie 

from: Jake 

1:10

I'll be there in 10

I smiled and replied with a simple "okay." I jumped in the shower, washing my hair and trying to make sure I didn't look like a tramp. Once I was clean, I walked back to my room. Surprised when I saw Jake casually sitting on my bed. 

"Um.." I started. He looked over to me. 

"Hey!" He said with a smile. " 

"Hi.." I said nervously. 

"Don't be scared, everything will be okay." I could only hope he'd be right.

I left Jake sitting there, and walked over to Jaz's room.  

"Do you have any regular clothes?" I asked her. She motioned to the closet, and I realized she was on the phone. Being as quiet as possible I walked to her closet, tugging for it to open. I shifted through all of her clothing, finally settling on a light pink sweater, and black leggings. I slipped on bracelets and a pink rose ring that matched my sweater. I put my hair up on top of my head, messing with the bun to make sure it stayed. I put diamond earrings in my dad had gotten me once, and slipped on Jaz's Sperry's. I tried to ignore the fact that they didn't match, but it was bugging me, so I left them by the door. I ran back to my room to see Jake still there, staring up to the ceiling. I shrugged, jumping on him.

He made an umf sound and laughed, grabbing my hips to steady me. 

I leaned down and kissed him, my lips brushing across his fast.  

"Thank you." I said. 

"For what?" 

"For being here. This means a lot to me, and to the baby." He smiled and nuzzled my belly and I laughed. I stood up and grabbed his hand, dragging him up with him.

"You look beautiful." He told me.  

"So do you." I soon realized what I said and started laughing. Jake joined in and grabbed my hand.  

"Thanks." He said, sarcasm leaking into his voice. 

"You're my best friend." I said, suddenly.

I don't know where it came from, but he knew more about me then anybody else did. He made me laugh, and took care of me and my baby. I was lucky to have him, and I knew that.

"Ouch, did you just friend-zone your baby daddy?" He fired back. 

I laughed. "I think I did!" His laughter trailed off as he stared at me. He kissed my eyelids, my nose and then pulled back. I grabbed his neck and dragged his head down to mine. He rested his forehead on mine and stared at me. I stood on my tip toes and brushed my lips against his. He smiled and kissed me harder. He pulled back after a while. 

"How's that for a best friend?" He asked. I laughed at his joke.  

"I love you." I let it slip. I said it. My insides were freaking out, and from the look on Jake's face, he was freaking out too. 

" I uh.." I tried to explain, but was cut off by the doorbell ringing.

Time to meet the parents.