159 » kol

FINALLY SOMETHING I AM HAPPY WITH like no joke i really enjoyed writing this,, perhaps i'm getting my touch back ((: i'll try to get the requests done before christmas though, so get your new ones ready since i'm going to open them soon !!

///

Imagine Kol finding a kitten on the street and taking it home and falling in love with it after years of calling you his kitten

 "Morning, kitten."

 A soft groan escaped your mouth as you turned around on the bed, covering your head with a pillow and disagreeing with the nickname. It had lost its glory and excitement years ago, at least for you but your boyfriend Kol Mikaelson would never have enough. He loved calling you with fond nicknames, and kitten was absolutely his favorite so far. Ever since he met you, he had called you that, and to this very day, it remained.

 "Oh, please, Kol", you muttered and sat up on the bed while rubbing your eyes and then shooting your grinning boyfriend a tired glare. He shrugged innocently, and threw on a white shirt, not minding you watching him as he got dressed. It was all familiar to you, and Kol wasn't one to be too insecure or shy anyway. You shook your head, and put on quickly some clothes before snaking your arms around Kol's waist and kissing his cheek softly.

 "I most definitely do not know what you refer to with all that eye rolling and exaggerated sighing, kitten", Kol grinned, and gave you a gentle kiss whilst his hand took yours. "Let's go now. I think Ms. Forbes will be rather unhappy if you show up late", he added and led you to downstairs. He was right - you had promised to help Caroline with a party to celebrate what should have been her birthday but since she was a vampire, she didn't physically age. She had told how she didn't want anyone but you to help her, and while others would have been flattered, you had known her long enough to be aware of how it was a heavy task she forced onto your shoulders. There was no running late, no slacking, just hard work until she'd be perfectly happy.

 It was worth the while though, because seeing a smile on the blondie's face had been so rare lately, you were willing to do anything to make her happy.

 "Have a lovely day", Kol said and kissed your cheek, surprising you with the lack of one specific word but before you could mention it, he added, "kitten", which earned a groan and a roll of eyes from you. Nevertheless, you wished him a good day with his siblings, and then got in your own car and drove away from the home you shared with him.

 Even though you claimed to be irritated by his way to call you with that nickname, you couldn't hold back a smile while thinking about him and his amount of adorable. And even though you claimed to hate the nickname, Kol knew you didn't and therefore he could also smile while driving towards his own destination.

///

 At the party venue, the Lockwood mansion, you met Caroline alone. The only person so far aware of the party, besides you, was Matt who had promised the mansion for Caroline to use for the event. She had already arranged some things, but clearly there was plenty to work on, concluding from the way she started ranting about the tasks at hand without even saying hi. You chuckled, not capable of caring of her careless way to acknowledge your existence - you knew she was under stress and since she was the control freak you had known since childhood, the party was number one of her list of important things.

 While Caroline explained the party and her thoughts, you received a message from Kol. Thinking it wouldn't bother Caroline, you unlocked your phone and read the text, only for you to fall into utter confusion.

 Kol: jesus christ you will never believe what i just found

 Kol: such a lovely little being

 Kol: i'm taking her home, just so you know

 Kol: i'm in bloody love

 You scrunched your nose up unhappily and glanced at Caroline, nodding your head to make her think she still got your attention, but it was Kol who held it in his hands at the moment. You quickly moved your fingers on the screen to type a message which you sent him immediately, eager for an answer.

 Y/N: what is it

 Y/N: who is it

 Y/N: tell me or i'll kick your original ass when i get home

 "Y/N! You're not even listening, are you?", Caroline yelled when she noticed you playing on your phone. Panicking, you pushed it in your pocket and scratched the back of your neck, pretending like you didn't know what she was talking about. "Whatever, let's just carry all this stuff around the place", she then shrugged, and pointed at the flowers, balloons and decorations on the ground after moving her curls away from her face. You nodded your head, agreeing to do so, but before you did, you glanced at the one message you received.

 Kol: well to be honest, it's like you. so fluffy, adorable, lovable... little kitten.

 You had no idea what he was talking about. Your imagination didn't stretch out enough to come up with the truth, but because you had promised Caroline you'd work, you put your phone away and focused on the task at hand, even if your mind was completely elsewhere.

///

 You returned home in a restless state, eager to see what, or who Kol had brought along. You opened the door slowly, and walked in, not hearing or seeing anything out of the ordinary, which caused you to lift your eyebrow. Kol was barely quiet, and if he was, he happened to be up to some trouble, every time. You closed the door behind you, and after shrugging off your jacket and putting away your phone and keys, you walked around the house.

 "Kol, honey?", you called out your boyfriend's name, but didn't get an answer. You bit your lower lip, and checked out the living room, the kitchen, even the shower but he was nowhere to be found. You were growing frustrated as you headed towards the bedroom you shared with him, expecting and hoping to find him there, which you did.

 He was on the floor, on his stomach, giggling while playing with a kitten. A real, actual kitten, fluffy and adorable like Kol had described her. Your jaw dropped, but you didn't manage to say anything, you just stared at the two cuties. Sure the kitten was cute, but it felt so weird to come home to a pet that just so happened to match your nickname. You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms, used to do so by now - you didn't know if Kol was being serious or if he did this just to tease you but either way you weren't sure how to feel about it.

 "Oh, evening my love. Y/N, meet, well, Y/N", Kol grinned, and hopped up from the floor, grabbing the little kitten and walking to you. You raised an eyebrow, and choked a chuckle while covering your mouth. You couldn't believe it. Your boyfriend was a bloody idiot.

 "You named her Y/N?", you asked in amusement, trying to hide your smile but Kol noticed, like always.

 "She's just like you, darling. We must keep her, kitten, she has already melted my heart and I cannot stand the thought of giving her away. I found the poor thing wandering around on the streets", Kol said with a pout, trying to look cute, and succeeding well. The little cat was in fact adorable, and you drew in a slow breath, thinking about what to do but eventually you settled with nodding your head, agreeing to keep her.

 "Alright, alright. I think I'll grow to love little Y/N, too", you snickered, but then turning more warning, "but you are not taking her to Caroline's birthday party tonight."

 But Kol was a stubborn man, and therefore, as you and him walked to the Lockwood mansion where Caroline had invited all of her friends, your boyfriend happened to hold the little kitten on his arms. You couldn't stop rolling your eyes, he was such a fool, but that was one of the many reasons you loved him.

 "C'mon, stop pouting, lovely. You love her, and you know it", Kol grinned, and all you could do was nod. Even if you didn't love her as much as Kol did, she was a cute little thing, indeed.