175 » elijah

these gifs will be the end of me one day i swear what the hell someone tell daniel gillies to chill i mean

///

Imagine having your New Year's kiss with Elijah

"I'm not too sure about this."

Doubt, was undoubtedly the victorious feeling in you as you held Klaus' beer can in hand and watched from aside when he prepared a bunch of fireworks on the snowy ground. The man was fairly drunk, and it was nearly midnight, which meant that 2015 would soon be over and you feared that Klaus would end it by blowing everyone and everything up.

"Ah, c'mon love", he slurred huskily, "this is a bloody brilliant idea", and grinned while pulling out a match. You lifted an eyebrow, not wanting to believe him for several reasons and perhaps that was for the best. Klaus lit the match, and gave you a warning look before using his vampire speed to ignite the row of fireworks, and then grabbing the beer can and dragging you away. You were scared, but as a vampire you knew it wouldn't do so much harm, probably.

Klaus and you escaped from the fireworks that started to go off, and one by one they flew all around, some reaching the sky while most didn't. Klaus giggled like a teenage girl as he sipped on his drink and watched the colorful fireworks blast all over the residence, which just made you scream and cover your ears and eyes. He had his arm over your shoulder as if to protect you but it did no favor to either of you, though luckily you survived through all of the fireworks without getting hurt.

"I see Niklaus is in the party mood", Elijah's smooth, breath-takingly intense voice filled your ears as he walked to the outside. You turned to look at him, and your eyes locked after you had checked out his fine body covered by a handsome tux, and glanced at the flawlessly styled hair. You felt like melting, and for a second things felt like they were going in slow motion, but Klaus made sure to kill the mood and the lingering tension between you and Elijah.

"This year sucked arse. I'm getting hammered and hoping 2016 will be my year. New year, new me", Klaus grinned, and lifted his beer before finishing it. Elijah approached you, and you got up from the ground, standing up straight in front of him and shooting him a smile after wiping all the snow off of you.

"Yes, but old, equally violent tricks and ways to get his way remain", Elijah muttered under his breath, audible enough for you to hear and it did cause you to giggle which brought a smile to his lips. He adored you, from your beautiful features to your addicting laughter and your incredible personality. He just never told you that, yet somehow you knew. There was unspoken feelings, evident but ignored tension and frustration only Klaus dared to bring up in a conversation.

Perhaps it was Elijah's gentleman ways, thinking he'd keep you safe as long as he wouldn't get involved but you were far too deep already. After years of living with him, Klaus and Rebekah, you were anything but safe but that was alright, because you knew how to kick ass and not die even if someone wasn't always protecting you. But perhaps it was your fear of misreading his actions, words, gestures, expressions. You were scared that if you'd go in for a kiss, try to pursue those feelings you had long ago accepted and let remain in your heart and mind, he'd let you down and tell you he wanted to be just friends.

It was his eternal stubbornness and fear of falling in love and your insecurities and fear of messing things up that held you back from making out and confessing your love to each other.

"Just bloody kiss already! I can feel the love radiating off of you two. You're like from a chick flick, for the love of god", Klaus groaned from the snowy ground. You and Elijah both looked at Klaus, and quickly turned towards each other to say the same thing at the same time.

"He's drunk!"

///

Half an hour later, when it was ten minutes to midnight - ten minutes to 2016, Rebekah had come out as well. And she had dragged you to the side to talk to you, about Elijah, who she had pushed to sobering Klaus up so they'd be able to send off some fireworks. And properly, this time.

"Bloody hell, Y/N. Have you still not told Elijah? The poor man is completely in love with you, won't you believe?", Rebekah complained, crossing her arms while staring at you. You glanced at the gorgeous Original in front of you, and shook your head which made Rebekah scoff in disappointment.

"Sorry, mom, but it's scary. He's this, handsome, sexy thousand-year-old Original vampire with the most incredible smile and the most amazing everything and I'm just a sack of emotional potatoes, okay?", you defended yourself, but Rebekah didn't buy it.

Her eyes judged you evidently, and it earned an apologetic whimper from you as you tried to avoid her intense stare. You kicked the snow awkwardly, hoping the moment would be over soon but Rebekah wasn't done with you, and not even drunk Klaus could save you now.

"Don't be silly, love. You're amazing, and you know it. Now you go over there, and tell Elijah that you're in love with him!", Rebekah insisted, and gave you a smack on the back to throw you towards her brother. You stumbled on the snow, and shot the woman a glare to which she responded with an innocent smile, but then a firm stare that forced you to move.

Elijah was still talking to Klaus, but you could see him glancing at you while the hybrid slurred something to his brother. You couldn't hear clearly, so you just stood there awkwardly, listening to fireworks all over the town and waiting for Klaus to give Elijah a break. When things started to seem unfortunately unlucky, Rebekah groaned and walked to the two Mikaelsons, and told Elijah how she'd handle Klaus.

Elijah turned over to you, and smiled from the distance. You smiled too, and waited for the space between you and him to close up, while the clock continued to tick and midnight came closer and closer with each passing second. Finally, you walked towards each other, and from the look in Elijah's eyes you could see he had something in his mind. So did you, but you prayed you wouldn't have to do it.

And you didn't have to say a word.

When midnight arrived, the town bell rang, and fireworks boomed all around you, making 2016 official, Elijah walked to you confidently. He wrapped an arm around your waist and swooped you closer so he could dip you down and place his lips onto yours. Passionately, he kissed you, and you answered of course - it was a dream come true. Elijah held you tightly, his body against yours and his muscular arms supporting you, while your hand went to the back of his head to press his mouth onto yours harder.

"Oh god", you breathed out when he let go and lifted you up. His eyes flashed with regret because of your tone, but it was soon replaced by pure lust for you, which you felt for him too. "I love you", you added and kissed him again, which made Rebekah and highly intoxicated Klaus cheer behind you.

"Happy 2016 everyone!", Rebekah yelled happily and hugged Klaus, who added, "the year Y/N and Elijah will get married!"

It was indeed a very happy moment.

"I love you too, Y/N", Elijah whispered and rested his forehead on yours. "So much", he continued and lifted you on his arms before walking inside, leaving Klaus and Rebekah behind but they knew better than to follow.

"What are you doing?", you laughed, making Elijah grin.

"Starting 2016 with a bang. Quite literally", he simply winked.

///

this is exactly what you can expect from me at two a.m tbh

but hey happy new year,, hopefully 2016 brings you everything you deserve and is full of happiness and good luck for you all xx

also now that it's 2016 i can finally say that

DEADPOOL AND CIVIL WAR ARE COMING OUT THIS YEAR

ONE DIRECTION WILL COME BACK NEXT YEAR