40 » damon

aw this was so cute to write i kept melting on my seat and now all that is left is me on the other side with my squad aka bonnie damon and kai babyyy okay whAT

i hope you enjoy this lmao

///

Imagine human!Damon admitting he has a crush on you and asking you out

While Stefan Salvatore was kind, though shy and awkward, his older brother Damon was nothing like it. He was carefree, sometimes reckless, but he too had manners, especially when it came to talking and spending time with ladies of Mystic Falls. He was quite smooth and easy to fall for, and the total opposite of Stefan who was always losing fights, blushing, hiding behind his brother and avoiding situations with girls. But around you, Damon changed too.

He became more awkward, bending a lot to the direction of his brother's personality, but at least he tried to flirt with you. His attempts were quite sad though, and all you could do was giggle - he was too adorable.

It took Damon some time to understand, but with Stefan's help, he managed to realize that what he felt for you wasn't just a silly crush. It was a big, serious crush. And it would break him, tear him apart, if he'd do nothing about it, which was why Stefan took matters to his own hands. With Damon, he wasn't so shy, so he punched his shoulder as hard as he could, though Damon could barely feel it, and then crossed his arms.

After complaining about how his fist hurt, of course.

"C'mon, Damon, you obviously like Y/N, and I can see why so y-you... You should just talk to her! You know, ask her out. Take her to the movies, or somethin'. Maybe she likes dancing!", Stefan said with a smile. He wanted only best for his brother, so he hated to see Damon so gloomy all the time. Lately, all Damon had been doing, was pout over the fact he liked you so seriously and wouldn't get the guts to actually confess it to you. He was a charming guy, but when his feelings got serious, he got fairly shy too, especially since you were so pretty.

"Please, Stef, we both know you wouldn't go talk to her either", Damon muttered, managing to bring blush to his little brother's face. Damon shuffled on the chair he had been sitting on for nearly an hour now, just thinking about life and how unfair it was. God, why did it have to make him so awkward and silly sometimes?

"Y-yeah, but you would! So get up, and go talk to Y/N, because you know she's too nice to yell at you or anything. She's really pretty and cool and all that, so if you don't ask her out someone else will, and that will break you. I know it, so let's get going", Stefan muttered, and tried to encourage Damon, who did in fact nod with a smile hanging on his lips, pulling them up nicely.

"Let's go."

///

There you were, in all your glory, sitting in the garden. Your dress was normal for that time, though beautiful, more than any dress Damon or Stefan had ever seen. Your hair was styled into perfection, your lips were threatening to break into a sweet smile, as you followed the butterflies around you with your sparkling, stunning eyes. Damon's heart fluttered while he studied your features, just everything about you. He was so, definitely, absolutely, seriously, very in love.

"Go, what are you waiting for?", Stefan asked, snapping Damon back to reality from his daydreams. He had been too busy imagining his lips on yours, his fingers intertwining with yours as the two of you would dance under the moonlight, and he'd get down on one knee and...

"Right."

Damon got up from the bush he and Stefan were both behind, hiding and stalking you like a pair of creepy guys. He approached you, while the other Salvatore brother stayed hidden, following the situation from a safe distance, because there was no way in hell he'd miss it, but also because he could save his brother from complete humiliation.

Yeah, right, because what would save a man from utter embarrassment was definitely another guy, even more awkward, shy and incapable of talking to girls with confidence and not stutter.

"Hey, Y/N", Damon spoke when his feet finally worked their way to you, "I- uh, can I join you?", his lips curved by a cute smile, the kind of you just couldn't say no to. You nodded your head, making your hair move softly while you smiled, and your eyes twinkled happily. A sigh left Damon's mouth, partly because he was now one step closer to admitting he had a thing for you, and partly because you were just too freaking perfect.

"How are you today, Damon?", you asked politely, and he cleared his throat before even letting you finish. He was nervous, his hands were sweating and his body trembling. He was so close to you, he could smell you and your glorious scent, he was so close to you, he could feel the joy radiate off of you and enter his body, making him feel all loving and fond and warm.

"Quite well, I hope you are too. So, uh, I'm here to talk about something. Or, more like, tell you something", Damon said and scratched the back of his neck. You lifted an eyebrow, and encouraged him to continue. You were on full listening mode, devoting all of your concentration to Damon, but he wasn't sure if he liked it. He wanted to just say it, so quietly that you wouldn't possibly even hear it.

What if you'd feel different? What if you'd laugh at his face? What if, what if, what if.

"I like you", he breathed out, and his eyes widened just like yours did, both of you shocked that he just let it out like that.

"I like you, Y/N, I'm really... Uh, I think I'm falling in love with you. And I'd like to take you out, you know, maybe we could go see a film, or go dancing or...", Damon rambled, his hands shaking as he explained, so to calm him down you grabbed them and held them softly with your, smaller ones. He looked up at you, his eyes wide and fond and his mouth agape. You smiled, and pressed your lips to his forehead, making Stefan squeal with excitement in the bush.

"I would love to go out with you. I like you as well, Damon", you whispered, and hugged him gently, making him blush for the first time ever. His heart left out a beat, and he nearly melted into your arms as he nodded his head slowly and thanked you for being so sweet.

"But, Damon... The next time you take your brother with you, you might want to let him know that hiding in a bush isn't very effective", you added, and made him laugh, while you were pretty sure that Stefan was blushing and turning red as hell.

///

I GOT THESE FEEEEELINGS FOR YOUU

so anyway i published that kai book because i kind of wanted to ++ something to begin with but it's not the first chapter yet, but i'll probably post it this week ((: check it out !!