130 » the mikaelsons

THIS WAS SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE OMF I'VE BEEN FINNISH AF TODAY

ONE DIRECTION IS HAVING THIS 1D EMOJI THING GOING ON IN TWITTER AND IF YOU GO AND TWEET SOMETHING WITH THE HASHTAG #1DFI I SWEAR I WILL BOW DOWN TO YOU,, ALSO YOU CAN MENTION ME AND ME AND A BUNCH OF FINNS WILL RETWEET THE TWEET MY USER IS fullmoonnjh PLEASE DO IT PLEASE TWEET SOMETHING WITH #1DFI BECAUSE FINLAND IS ALMOST IN THE TOP TEN LIST THANK YOU SO MUCH IF YOU DO THIS FOR ME ILOVEYOU

///

Imagine the Mikaelsons eating salmiakki / salty liquorice

You had been living in New Orleans with Rebekah, Klaus, Elijah and Kol Mikaelson for some years now and to be honest, you were as happy as only possible. They protected you with all they had in them, and each of them entertained you in their own ways - Rebekah loved to do basic girl things with you, you were the sister she longed for, while Klaus and Kol liked to go out and have fun with you, and with Elijah, you could calm down, have long conversations and read books. They were your best friends, but also like family to you. Obviously, you loved them all very much.

Which was why you felt bad when you left them for two weeks in November of 2015. But you had been craving to make a trip to the land of Santa Claus for a while now, Finland, so when you just got the chance, you got on a plane and flew from New Orleans to Helsinki. The weather was drastically different in Finland, your behind was freezing when you got out of the plane but nevertheless you loved the snow and the brisk air. And you had only arrived.

The Mikaelsons didn't want to join you in the cold country, and honestly, you felt bad for them. Finland was going to be an amazing experience. From the sauna to Karelian pies - you loved all of it. Some of the people in the country were certainly rude and curt, but you met some lovely people too, although there was definitely not a shortage of horribly behaving teenagers. You learned lot of the country itself, and some of the language as well, including how to curse in Finnish, although they maybe weren't the most necessary words to know. You were in love with the place, even if it was indeed very cold, but the eager approach to Christmas and winter made it up.

You often spoke with the Mikaelsons on FaceTime, and showed them what kind of a place you had settled in. You even saw a Finnish singer on your last night and filmed most of the concert, but then it was time for you to pack your things and fly back to New Orleans where your so-called family awaited in excitement and yearning. Finnish Christmas songs were playing from your earphones when you got out of the plane, and spotted Elijah and Rebekah at the airport.

"Y/N!", Rebekah squealed and ran to you, wrapping her arms around you tightly, her blonde waves moving wildly as she held you and squeezed all the air out of you. "I missed you", she mumbled against your head, and made you smile while you greeted her back. You did miss her too, just like you missed the rest. So when Rebekah let you go, you immediately went to Elijah who hugged you just as tightly as Rebekah did. It was evident that they had missed you, even though you had only been gone for a few weeks.

"As did I", Elijah whispered and broke into a wide, warm smile while squeezing you with his big arms. Only when they both let you breathe again, they noticed your slightly shorter hair, and the new clothes you had bought from Finland, and the santa hat on top of your head, which made both of the Originals raise their eyebrows.

You chuckled, "I know, I know, it's not even December yet. But there's some really eager and excited people in Finland. Let's go, I want to see Nik and Kol again, I promise I'll tell you everything soon", earning similar sounds from Elijah and Rebekah who took your luggage and walked you to their car. It was weird to sit in it again, with the siblings around you, with the somewhat warm air of New Orleans wrapping you up. At least compared to Finland, it was pretty damn warm.

///

Back at the Mikaelson mansion, more hugs were given. You loved being showered with love, you were sure there wasn't such thing as enough but eventually the hugs and kisses ended and you were given the chance to take a deep breath. You had barely gotten inside the house, when you had already placed the santa hat on Klaus' head and snickered.

"Santa Klaus", you laughed, making everyone but Klaus do the same, but he couldn't be mad at you. You were their precious Y/N, almost a sibling, certainly a best friend.

You told them all about your trip, and they seemed very interested and especially Rebekah felt bad for not joining you after all. You didn't mind traveling alone though, even if it was scary sometimes but in the end you got along pretty well by yourself. You explained everything from Finnish music and Finnish food to the views and the northern lights which you were lucky enough to experience. Finland was a beautiful country, though not many of the residents agreed but for someone who had been living in New Orleans for several years and in a completely different place, it was truly special. For hours, you all just sat in the living room, talking about what you had done, and what they had been up to during your absence.

You had missed them dearly, and it felt good to be reunited with them after some weeks.

"So, please tell me you have brought something with you, darling?", Kol grinned after talking for ages. It had gotten dark outside already, and you felt tired but the night wasn't even nearly over yet. There was still so much to talk about, so much to do.

"Of course", you giggled, and opened your suitcase, taking out a bag of what they thought was liquorice. They didn't eat it very often, and it caused them all to scrunch up their noses in dislike, but it wasn't liquorice, most definitely not. "This right here is some Finnish salmiakki, rakkaat ystävät", you continued, and every pair of eyes widened and every mouth opened as if they were about to say something but none of them could find the right words.

"S-Sal-Salmiakki? What the bloody hell is that? And I'm not even going to attempt saying what you just said. What does it mean? Y/N, damn it, I'm starting to think that letting you go was an awful idea", Rebekah complained, crossing her arms while you just laughed. They were all so confused, you loved it - this was the reaction you hoped and expected to get.

"Salmiakki. It's salty liquorice. And you all need to taste it, okay? Also, rakkaat ystävät, that's dear friends in Finnish", you explained, and then ripped open the bag of candy before handing all of them some salty liquorice. Kol, Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah all agreed, though very unwillingly, to taste it and Kol, as the brat of the family was the first one to throw it in his mouth. Elijah did not want to be the last one, the coward, and followed Kol's lead, just like Klaus did, and finally Rebekah.

It took only a few seconds for awful grimaces to be revealed, which just made you laugh. Rebekah groaned, but held the candy in while Elijah would not stand such horror in his mouth so he spat it out and threw it away. Kol swallowed, and took another piece, complimenting the taste which surprised everyone, even you. Though you kind of knew that if anyone would like it, it would be him. Klaus ate his too, but he didn't like it, not one bit.

"This is horrible, Y/N, why would you bring this?", Elijah muttered, and eyed the salmiakki bag, earning a nod from Rebekah who swallowed thickly, struggling to take down the small, chewy piece of black candy but managed to do so anyway. You couldn't stop laughing, while throwing some of the candy in your own mouth - you had grown to love it already.

"Aw, c'mon, don't pout 'Lijah. Kol likes it", you snickered and gave a gentle push to Kol who smiled proudly.

The Mikaelsons never grew to like salmiakki, but the next time you went to Finland, you took your family with you and together you had an amazing trip. And, there was so much more to eat, too.

///

this is definitely not my best work but i decided to show this and the enzo imagine to my friend and possibly my english teacher so i was under plenty of stress while doing this,, hope you enjoyed it though ((omg i seriously sAY THAT TOO MUCH))