*38* Surprise

Shakur trifles with his fingers. I want to comfort him so bad but never know whom is watching or snitching.

"What's wrong?" I question.

He smiles, "I have got some news to go home. Er...that I can go home."

I frown and step back as my body droops a little. "Home?"

"Yeah, I live in Ravenview."

"Oh." I rub my forehead. If he leaves then whom will I be able to tell all my secrets to? Not Lele because she likes to throw things back in people's faces when angry.

"Yes and the military says that I can re-enlist if I want to." He continues to inform me of his news.

"Military?" I think I know nothing about the young man in front of me.

"I am 24 and in the army. I am here for PTSD, severe. I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure how you would take it."

"Why would you care?" I ask hoping it doesn't sound as bad as it came out.

"Because...I have grown fond of you and I know you are only 17 years old. But, you are so mature for your age and...all that." He stammers.

"So...I mean..." I am a little confused. "What are you saying? You want to stay here?"

"For you." He adds.

I put my hand over my mouth and stare at him with round eyes and my eyebrows raised. "Shakur...you have got family though. And I am not." I want him to stay but I know saying so can be selfish.

"I know."

I drop my hand from my mouth. "So?"

"I want to stay. Until you get better, at least. I am due to leave for home soon, however I will be moved from his wing to the recovery wing. So, we won't get to see each other much." He tells me.

I am not so sure how he developed the emotions he has for me. Shoot, I am not even totally sure how I developed my own emotions for him.

My shoulders slump forward and his face softens. "What's wrong?"

I figured I might as well tell him. I begin to tremble a little. He moves closer to me, closing the five-foot gap between us. "Are you cold?" He starts to take his coat off and drapes it around my slumped shoulders before I could answer.

"Thank you. But, I am damaged goods, Shakur." I turn away from him; I felt so drama doing that. Like a soap opera.

"Damaged goods? Allyira." He stands in front of me. "It's alright. It makes sense now, but it's ok."

I look up at him and realize that he has hazel eyes. I smile, as does he.

"When are you scheduled for release?" I ask turning to look at the sunset.

"On May 21." He answers looking at the sunset as well.

I know it was not too long ago but I remember that this sunset is how I met Shakur, the day of the tour. Never thought in just a little over two months' time, I would have the hugest crush on him.