Chapter 39: Only Us

A/N please read my authors note at the end of the chapter it is important!

Matilda's POV
The familiar feeling I felt last time I kissed Justin has returned. The butterflies gone, now replaced by warmth and comfort.

It's not the first time we've kissed, but this time feels so much more real. It's not forced and there are no crazy friends watching. It's just us.

Justin's lips are perfectly soft against my own. He takes no time to process what is happening, as his muscular arms wrap tightly around my waist, pulling me closer.

Our bodies smash together, I move closer into the kiss, parting my lips slightly, allowing him to slip his tongue into my mouth.

Our lips move is sync, our tongues dancing as I kiss him with all the passion I can muster.

My head is spinning, my thoughts clouded by the sensation of Justin lips on mine. I can't focus on anything other than him.

Nothing else matters, only him. We don't stop when the crackle of thunder overhead fills our ears. Only when the rain begins to pour do we break apart.

A small giggle escapes my lips as Justin tugs on my hand, leading me undercover, only to pin me against the wall and re-joining our swollen lips.

This kiss is different. Instead of the slow passionate kiss, this is fierce and hungrier, which only makes my stomach knot in anticipation.

We break apart once again, both of us gasping for air. A wave of longing and happiness gushes through my body, like my bodies been made for this moment.

"We still have to talk," I whisper, feeling his head nod against my own. I open my eyes to be met with his.

"Come on," he says softly, intertwining our fingers, dragging me towards the academy gym.

He takes a seat on the bench we use for step ups and I sit down, positioning myself close to him, our shoulders touching.

"I never loved him," I whisper, pulling Justin's hand into my lap and playing with his fingers, I habit of mine I did regularly. "I loved the idea of him. I've always been close to him and he was there when you weren't. I needed to move on because I convinced myself you weren't coming back. I kept telling myself I was happy with him and I never called it off. We both knew it was nothing serious. I don't even feel upset that he cheated on me."

Justin doesn't say anything. He just looks at our hands in my lap, but the silence is nothing but comfortable.

"It's always been you," I add quietly, gazing over at him. "I think I've always know deep down of the feelings I have for you, but I always pushed them away. I wish I didn't," I whisper. "If I didn't then none of this would have happened. I would have hurt you and I-I.." I choke on the first sobs.

"Hey," Justin says softly, pulling me off the bench and guiding me until I stand between his legs. "Don't cry. It's okay. Don't worry about a thing, everything is perfect, okay?" He smiles, I nod, a smile on my face. "Good," he says, brushing my tears away with his thumbs.

Justin slides off his position on the bench and pulls me into his chest, placing a sweet kiss to the top of my head.

"I'm so sorry," I mutter into his chest, feeling the awful guilt for everything I've put him through.

"Stop," he demands, pushing me back to look me in the eyes. "What's past is past, we can't change that. You have nothing to apologise for."

"Does this mean that we're, you know?" I ask, a small smile tugging on my lips.