Chapter 9:

Matilda's POV
After my fight with my mother yesterday I didn't feel like facing anything in my life. It was already noon and I hadn't been out my room once.

I was hungry but I didn't want to see my mum. I was also in desperation for a surf I just didn't feel up to it.

I hear a soft knock on my door but I choose to ignore it.

"Tilds open up it me" Eliza's voice floods my hears.

I almost forgot Eliza was coming today. Her family owns the house next to ours which is how we met.

I walk to the door and open it. Eliza rushes through in her bikini and embraces me in a hug.

"Come on get ready we're going surfing!"

"Lize I'm not in the mood"

"Come on its my first day here we have to go surfing besides you never know who you might meet" she raises her eyebrows at me

"Eliza this is a small town not LA"

"I know, I know but still get ready"

And with that she exits my room leaving me to get ready. I wear my plan purple bikini with my long sleeved blue rash top.

As soon as Eliza and I reach the beach we drop our stuff on the sand and race into the water.

I always love going surfing with Eliza because we make it out as if its a real surfing competition. We compete for waves and score each other, we use our best tricks and give it our all.

"AND IN FIRST PLACE WE HAVE A TIE BETWEEN NEWCOMER MATILDA AND 5 TIMES BACK TO BACK CHAMPION ELIZA!" Eliza yells as we sit on our boards watching the waves whilst laughing

I turn back to look at the shore. I see three people standing next to our towels, shoes and phones.

"Um Lize there are people standing with our stuff I think we should get out and make sure they don't steal anything" I inform her

"That's weird that they are just standing there. Come on catch a wave into sore and we will cheek it out" Lize tells me as we both begin to paddle for the first wave coming.

Soon enough we are back on the shore.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT IS OUR STUFF!" Eliza yells at them from the waters edge.

We continue to walk towards the two girls and one boy until we realise who that are.

My two biggest idols Bethany Hamilton and Alana Blanchard are standing right in from of us.

"You're..... You're...." I'm frozen in shock I can't even finish a sentence.

"Yes we are" Alana says as they both laugh at us

A few minutes have passed without any one saying anything that is until Eliza gets trough the shock and speaks.

"I can't believe you guys are right here!" I think we have mutual thoughts

"Um yeah why are you guys here talking to us?" I ask still unsure myself.

"Ahhhhhh......" They both look over to the guy I've never seen in my life

"Hi girls I'm Nathan. I work for ripcurl my job is to find new people that I think have a bright future ahead of them to sponsor" the guy, Nathan introduces himself.

"We were walking down the beach trying to find a good spot for a photoshoot but then we saw you girls........how do you girls want a sponsorship from ripcurl and model swimwear for us?" Is this for real?