Chapter 6: Jodie

I put my phone down on my bed and walk to the window. I push my pale blue curtains out the way and look at the window. A small red car appears driving slowly down the dive way.

The car comes to a halt and the door opens. The bottom of a white and pink striped dress, the perfect shade of brown skin and white converse is all I see before I know it is Jodie. My brothers girlfriend steps out the small car. In an instant Hamish is running out the door and scoops Jodie into his arms spinning her around.

Awwww there so cute.

Hamish places his girlfriend with slightly curly brown hair, brown eyes and the smallest freckle next to her lip on the ground. He kisses Jodie and i figure it's my que to leave, I move away from my window and head out my room. I make my way to the living room to go outside and say hello to Jodie. Jodie is already right in front of me.

"TILDA!" She screams and wraps her skinny brown arms around my body which looks big compared to hers.
"What are you doing here? Your not supposed to be here for another week" I say as she pulls away from me and heads back to Hamish, he wraps his arm around her waist and pulls her into him Jodie links her hands over Hamish's it looks adorable. I smile at my Jodie and Hamish, he always looks so much happier when his with Jodie.
"Well I got time off work and I'm up to date with uni so I though I would come early if that's okay" she answers
"Of course it is!" The voice comes from Hamish
"Excuse me Hamish I think that is up to your father and I to decide" my mum says as she walks into the room
"Please mum" Hamish begs and Jodie and I laugh
"Yes, of course. I would never kick Jodie or the house" oh my, my mum can actually be nice what a shock.
"I would hug you but in not sure if Hamish will let you go" mum adds

Hamish leaves to get Jodie's things. He returns and they both leave the room. I head back to my bed room whilst mum serves up everyone else's dinner.

Man they all must eat so slow, they've been eating dinner for half an hour and I just want them to finish. For the past half hour I've been cleaning my room that's how bored I was. I cleaned my room. I just want them to be finished so I can talk to Jodie, alone.

They finally finish eating and Hamish go's to take a shower, perfect moment.
"Jodie" I say and flick my head to my room signalling her to come.
"So.....I need to talk to you about something" I tell her
"Something?"
"Well someone actually" I admit
"Ooo is this about that guy Hamish was telling me about" she giggles and digs her elbow into my side
"Maybe" I respond.

I tell her about how we met, or daily surfs, hanging out in the tree house until after dark, spending hour after hour day after day with him, I tell her about how I think about him each night, his late night messages, him checking to see how much trouble I get into after each time we hang out, I tell her about him insisting on coaching me for state comp, I talk about our 'date' and every little detail, I mention all the things Ava said to me and lastly I tell her about the hug. I literally tell her everything.

I love how I can tell Jodie everything that happens in my life, she's like the mother I never had. When I was younger I was constantly jealous of my friends, I envied them. They all had something I didn't. They had a mother who would give them a hug when they picked them up from school each day, they had someone who asked what they learnt each day, they all had someone to talk to, someone who was there for them, someone who they could look up to but most important they had someone who loved them or them. I was stuck with the opposite. Don't get me wrong I know my mum does love me but she doesn't love the real me. Every since I was little she has work on me, she's made me who I was before I met Justin. It's like she moulded me into shape I had to do what she told me to. I was forced, pressured into endless study. I had do get the grades my mother expected me to get. She was never there for me when I needed her, she never picked me up from school let alone hug me each day, she never ask about my day at school if people were nice if I liked me teachers, the only time we talked about school was when it involved me grades. She made me the Matilda Ryan she so desperately wanted me to be but only after meting Justin I realised that is not the Matilda Ryan I want to be.

But Jodie, she's been my light in all this. When I was 13 my dad left on business an my mum pressured me into extra school work, extra classes, harder work and it was just to much. I fell into serious depression and the worst part was my mum didn't even notice, if she just took a break from the overly obsessive life planer and just took the time really look at me she would have noticed. Jodie noticed first then Hamish but Jodie, she was the one who acted as the mother figure. She was the one who took me to the doctors then to the specialists she got treatment she help build me up again. Jodie helped me get over my depression. She made me see that if I do as my mother says and get the good grades I can get into any uni I want, I can be what I want. So for years I contained the painful road to leaving my mother.

I'm so lost in the dark memories of my past that when Jodie reaches across to touch my upper arm I shudder.
"Hey you okay?" She ask in a soft voice
"Yeah I'm fine"
"Well my opinion of all this is that he likes you either as a friend or as something more but he defiantly likes you" how does Jodie even think like this, he soul has aged fast.
"You know what your right, all this time I've been sitting here try to figure out if he likes but but the answer has been here all along, of course he does if he didn't he would be hanging out with me. Even if he only likes me as a friend that is fine because I don't want to loose him" I tell her
"Exactly, if it like you more than a friend he will tell you"
"Oh Jodie I've never told you how much you've helped me you mean so much to me Jods, I hope Hamish treats you well because your a keeper" I pull her in for a hug
"I hope he does to, in willing to stick around" she smiles.

Right then the door clicks opens, Hamish walks in and Jodie and I separate
"What is this? Have you two ladies finished your grandma chat?" what a stirrer
"HA-HA-HA" Jodie says as she waves and leaves the room Hamish following behind her.

And within a moment I left alone thinking about all the things Jodie has just told me. After everything that has happened today I'm exhausted. I pull my sheets over my body and within seconds I'm asleep.

(New update :) I'm not sure how long this chapter is I don't think it's very long but what I wanted to write next only really makes sense for it to go into a new chapter so that's what I'm gonna do, anyway enjoy).