Chapter 32: Re-opening Old Wounds

A/N here's the casting of everyone who made it to Bells Beach Surfing Academy! Let's all take time to look at Victoria's amazing hair #goalsAF! Google her: Victoria Moronta.

*****
Matilda's POV
The next morning I woke early. I'm not the best sleeper, but when you're a surfer you don't want to be. I quietly pad down the stairs into the kitchen and out the back door.

It was still slightly dark as the morning sun was only just appearing over the water.

The academy's house was located dead centre in front of the ramp to Bells Beach. Bells Beach is the most famous surfing beach in Australia, it's where all the being surf comps are held. It's always been a dream of mine to surf at Bells and now I get to surf here everyday for a whole year.

The conditions look perfect. I can't help myself, it's like my body craves the ocean.

I walk back up to my room and fish around my bag for a bikini. I try to change quietly, not wanting to wake Victoria. I like her. I think we'll be great friends.

"Are you going for a surf?" I hear Victoria croak as I'm about to leave the room.

"Yeah" I say turning around to look at her. She sits up rubbing her eyes then stretches.

"Can I come?" She asks.

"Of course, but hurry up its pumping out there" I smile and leave to her get ready.

I walk down onto the beach, freezing in my place, I just watch the amazing conditions that Bells is providing.

"Wow" Victoria breaths. We both stare out at the perfect waves that are rolling in.

"Alright!" I say excitedly "I need to capture this moment!"

I take out my phone and run over to a girl who's walking down the beach. I ask her if she could take our picture to which she agrees.

Victoria and I stand at the waters edge, our surf boards tucked under one are and our free arm wrapped around each other.

I thank the lady before adding the caption 'Bells! with @victoria_akin' and post it on Instagram.

After posting I turn to face her. We make eye contact and both sprint into the salty water.

*****
When we walk back in the house everyone is still in bed. Victoria and I make some breakfast and sit on the stalls at the kitchen bench.

A couple minutes later we hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I spin in my seat to see Blair walking towards us with his phone in his hand an a frown on his face.

"Why didn't you invite me!" He says and turns his phone around, the picture of Victoria and I on his screen.

"You were sleeping!" Victoria laughed.

"Next time wake me up" he winks to Victoria and opens the fridge. I giggle and stare at Victoria, she sends me a confused look. It's already so obvious that her likes her.

"We will Blair" I laugh.

Blair takes the last stall next to Victoria and starts up a conversation I knew was coming my way.

"So what's up with you and Justin?" He asks and looks at me.

"Blair!" Victoria gushes and hits him in the chest.

"Uh, nothing" I mumble uncomfortably.

"Well that's obviously a lie" he smirks. I thought Blair seemed like an alright guy, I guess I was wrong. "Did you guys date?" He asks.

"No, we were just friends" I say calmly.

"Were?" He questions raising his eyebrows at me.

"Yes were" I repeat, my teeth gritted together tightly in order to prevent me from saying something I'll regret.