Chapter 28: Two Timer

Justin's POV
My heart aches. I did this for her. I left so I wouldn't poison her with all my problems. I could see that I was ruining her. Her eyes use to shine so bright, but not anymore. I did this to her.

The worst part is that she thinks that I would actually just leave for no reason, no goodbye, no nothing. It upsets me that she thinks so little of me.

"This is it. No more phone calls, texts, nothing. I'm done. I've gotta get on with my life. I don't know why you left, or how you could just disappear without saying goodbye. I don't understand, and I probably never will, but I forgive you. I forgive you, not for you, but for myself. If I don't, I fear that I'll never be able to move on from the pain you've caused me. The pain caused by love, but I have to thank you. To thank you for making me stronger, because I know that once I'm past this I'll be able to get past anything. I'll still miss you uncontrollably, but I'll be able to live with it. Goodbye Justin"

I keep listening to her final message over and over again, only to find that it doesn't get easier to hear.

I can hear her sniffle when she pauses her speech and it kills me. It kills me to hear her cry.

I'm so confused now. Is she better off with me in her life or without me? I take out my phone and dial only person that will give me my answer.

"Are you serious!" Eliza straight up yells "you have a lot of nerve calling me"

"Eliza please" I say trying to reason with her.

"No Justin. You don't get to just call me up after you left her. I know we're friends, but she's my best friend" I her her pause and sigh before talking again "you really have messed her up ya know"

"I did this for her Eliza, not myself. If you think I enjoy being miserable then think twice, because I don't, but I did this for her" I say quickly

"That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I can't believe you could be so selfish!" Why'd I even call Eliza? I totally forgot how judgmental she is. "You can not go around saying how miserable you are whilst she's been here crying over you for a whole month! And that's not the worst of it, no, but you've messed her up mentally"

"You don't understand" I say

"No, you're right, I don't understand. No one does" she says angrily.

"Mac does" slips out of my mouth. No, I can't believe I just said that. Crap.

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing forget I said anything"

"No way. You're telling whatever you hiding from me" she says harshly

"On one condition. You have to promise not the hang up on me until I've finished my conversation with you" I say and she quickly agrees "alright so Mac is the only one who knows why I left. I went to him before I left for advice and I've been speaking to him daily" I admit

"You son of a bitch" she curses "so Mac told you to leave!" She yells

"No it's not like that!"

"I'm going to kill him" she threatens.

"But you can't hang up yet, you promised."

"Fine, tell me, why'd you even ring me?"she sighs

"How is she?" I ask

"Are you kidding me. When you left, you crushed her. Honestly, she cried for day, weeks, wait, she only stopped a few days ago. She didn't eat, sleep, talk or even surf. It was like she was no long alive. I tired hard to make her feel better, but I couldn't. She's getting better though. The last few days she's still cried, but she's been smiling and laughing again"