Capter 27: Start Over

A/N the attached photo above is Matilda at the start of this chapter. What she's wearing in the pic is a spring suit.

*****
Matilda's POV
Today I woke up feeling as if the weight of the world was finally off my shoulders. I felt fresh again, which was amazing.

Deciding on an early morning surf session, I pull the overs off my body and skip my way over to the bathroom where I pull on my bikini and springsuit.

I go back into the bedroom, grab my phone and open the App Store. I quickly download an alarm app that blasts a siren.

I count to three before pressing the button enabling the siren. I laugh as everyone in the room groans and tries to cover there hears, well everyone but Will. I swear that boy can sleep through anything and everything.

"Rise and shine everyone!" I yell "the beach is firing this morning, so up and at it!" I say cheerfully yet everyone still stays in bed "MOVE, MOVE, MOVE. GET THOSE LAZY ASSES OUT IN THE WATER" I yell happily. Eventually everyone slowly makes their way into the surf.

The ocean is ablaze. It's like it's alive, hungry. The waves are pumping just like my adrenalin. The atmosphere is amazing. The beach is completely crowded with people swimming, surfing, tanning and little kids running around making sandcastles.

I take a photo on my phone and post it on Instagram. I drop my stuff and sprint down to the water not bothering to wait for my friends. I start to paddle out to the line up when I see a little kid trying to surf, but keep nosediving.

Instead of heading out to the line up I change my path and paddle towards the kid.

"You should be laying back on the board more" I say to the little girl "your feet should be off the board, here like this" I lay back down on my board a show her. The little girl nods and changes her position.

"Want me to help you catch a wave?" I ask her and she nods again.

I grab the nose of her board and pull her out into the waves. Once I've positioned her we wait for a wave to come, which isn't long. The wave approaches and I instruct her what to do before giving her a push start. She quickly and swiftly pops to her feet and surprises me by turning.

I must look like an idiot right now because I'm currently screaming and cheering at this cute little girl who I don't even know the name of.

I help her catch a few more waves before I head out to the line up to surf myself. Since the waves are so amazing I brought my GoPro out with me to make some videos for my YouTube channel.

As part of RipCurls sponsoring they wanted us to make YouTube videos and supplied us with our very own GoPro, which is really cool because I defiantly couldn't afford one myself.

I take snippets of different aged people surfing, including the little girl I helped who's name I learnt was Alani. I also video my friends when they finally arrive.

A couple of hours later I'm still surfing. All my friends have gone back in for lunch, however, I can not miss the perfect wave.

I'm laying on my board looking out and the horizon when I hear someone paddle up next to me. I turn my head to take a look. Next to me is a very tanned guy with brown hair looking back at me.

"Uh...hi" I say with a small smile.

"Hey I saw you teaching that little girl before I just anted to say thanks" he says. Why would he be thanking me? "She's my sister" he says as if he can read my mind.

"Ohhhh" I laugh "I actually teach surfing sometimes" I tell him "I'm Matilda" I extend my arm for him to shake.

"Kai" he grins