Chapter 12

I break down into tears and collapse. This can’t be happening. My life is over. My love is gone. I thought I had him and I don’t. I will never be able to see him the same way. Last time we got lucky. This time we will probably have to shoot him because he will be insane. Or worse, I could watch him get shot. If that ever happened I would shoot be self regardless.

“No, you’re lying,” I say.

“I’m sorry,” she says holding onto my shoulder. Haymitch runs over.

“What’s wrong?” he asks. He squats down next to me and starts to rub my back.

“Peeta is hijacked again because he couldn’t fight flash backs,” says Paylor.

“That’s impossible, we have him taking medication for it every day.”

“Well he might’ve forgotten to take it today.”

“He never forgets,” I say with tears running down my face

“Why don’t we just bring you back to your room, Paylor make sure Peeta captured and is heavily guarded in the Control Room so she won’t go insane without him,” he says. He grabs me by my shoulders and gets me into a car. I can’t stop crying.

“Katniss, it’s okay. We’ll figure all of this out,” he says. I know he’s trying to get me to feel better but I’m a mess. When we were at home Peeta said that nightmares don’t come true, but in this case it is coming true. He said he wasn’t going to get hijacked again. He lied and now I can’t bear it. The first time wasn’t as bad because I wasn’t head over heels in love with him. I was still worried and a little in love but now he’s my husband and he has uncontrollable actions that no one can stop now. Odds are by the end of this he will have to be shot and I will not have a husband and probably turn into Annie. I don’t know what to do so when I get back to the loft I do the only thing I can think of. I call Gale.

“Hello,” he says.

“Gale it’s me,” I say.

“Hey Catnip, what’s wrong it sounds like you’ve been crying and you never cry,” he says. I start to cry again. “What’s wrong?” he asks.

“Peeta’s……. Peeta’s……. hijacked again,” I say.

“I’ll be right there,” he says then I hear a click. The next day Gale shows up at my door. I just go straight into his arms.

“Katniss we’ll figure this out alright,” he says. I just nod my head.

“Have you seen him since?” he asks. I shake my head.

“Who told you?”

“Paylor, he saw a picture of Snow and couldn’t fight the flashbacks, so he’s not technically hijacked, but he isn’t sane,” I say. Gale grabs my hand and we go into the elevator.

“Has he been taking his medication?”

“Everyday since he got it.”

“Then we could have trouble.” This makes me cry again.

“Where are we going?” I ask trying to catch my breath. I’ve been crying all of yesterday, all night, and all day today. I’m exhausted but I can’t sleep. Not without Peeta.

“We are going to see Peeta,” he says tightening his grip on my hand. We go down stairs and into the car and we go to see Peeta.

“They have him in the Control Room. Haymitch told me,” says Gale. So we go onto the hovercraft and go to the arena. I get us up into the Control Room and sure enough once we walked through an extra room they have there, there Peeta was there behind some glass. Haymitch, Beetee and some Capitol doctors are sitting behind the glass.