Chapter 6

One week. One week until I get married to the man I love. Johanna and Annie are over and are working with the prep team to make a bridesmaid dress. I was helping the prep team make the dresses since they know nothing about hem. Johanna was yelling at Flauvis about something, or she just likes to hear her own voice. Annie starts walking over to me in her beautiful, fitted, light green dress.

“Where’s Alin?” I ask.

“He’s with my mom, but just a question. Why did you pick Johanna to be the maid of honor?” she asks.

“Because I thought that you’d be busy with the baby.” We laugh.

“Hey, can I see your vow.”

“My what?”

“The thing you write about how much you love Peeta and why you are marrying him and you will tell it to Peeta in front of everyone at your wedding.”

“I haven’t written it. I didn’t even know I had to write one. I’ve never been to a wedding in my life, except for yours.” 

“I’ll help. The more you love the person the easier it will be. It has to be short, sweet, but mainly touching.”

“Well then this should only take a couple minutes.” She was right, a few minutes later I had a page on why I love Peeta. I thought my vow was perfect. It has everything from when we met to when I realized I loved him, to now.

“Thanks for telling me about the vow. I would’ve looked like a complete fool at my wedding if he wrote one and I didn’t.”

“No problem, and I was honestly shocked when I found out that you and Peeta were getting married.”

“What do you mean that you were shocked?”

“It’s just that after Peeta got hijacked I thought your relationship with him was going to end and that a relationship with Gale was going to begin.”

“Well when you love someone as much as I love Peeta you will stay with him know matter what happens in life. I mean if you were in my situation with the highjacking with Finnick, wouldn’t you stick with him?” She nods her head.

“That’s how I felt about Peeta.” Johanna walks over.

“What’d I miss?” she asks.

“Nothing, Annie just helped me write my vow,” I say.

“Why couldn’t I help?”

“Because you were too busy yelling at my prep team because there was a wrinkle in the dress that I made you.”

“Oh, right.” The prep team flies back to The Capitol, Annie goes back to Four, and Johanna decides to stay in our basement without an invitation, but she said that she wouldn’t bother us unless she needs food. I walk over to the bakery. Peeta was slicing bread. I come up behind him and put my arms around his stomach and put my head on his back. He turns around and gives me a kiss on my forehead and puts his arms around my waist.

“How’s it going?” he asks.

“Good, just finished the bridesmaids fitting and Annie helped me with my vow. Peeta you’re going to love my vow, it’s everything we’ve ever been through together,” I say.

“I bet you you’ll love mine more. It was my feeling for you before we were together, when we were pretending to be together, and now when we are together. But I have to warn you, it’s pretty long.”

“Annie said that I had to try to keep mine short, or else mine would be pretty long to.” He smiles and gives me a kiss.

“Well I’m sure we both did amazing on our vows.” He gives me a hug. I put my arms around his neck. We walk home hand in hand, eat dinner and get ready for bed. When we were getting ready in the bathroom Peeta keeps asking me questions about the wedding but he keeps repeating one question.