Chapter 4

Gale decided to leave the next day because he didn’t want to intrude with any wedding planning, which is his way of saying “I can’t believe you would do this to me. Marry someone your best friend hates? Don’t expect me coming back any time soon.” That hurt watching him leave like that. I knew that he was thinking that, and he knew that I knew. We decide to get married on March 23 because it was the day the Prim died so we wanted to turn a sad day into a happy day. It is about a three months to our wedding and we need to start planning the basic things, like who’s coming, who will wed us, the maid of honor and the best man, the dress and the guest list. While at the bakery Peeta and I start to make out the guest list. We wanted the wedding to be small so there will be about fifteen people attending, that includes the wedding party. When we were done the people we chose to come were Haymitch, Effie, Plutarch, my mother, President Paylor, Annie, Beetee, Faluvis, Octavia, Veina, Gale, Claudia, Delly, Johanna, and Caesar. After the guest list Peeta and I start to choose our best man and maid of honor.

“I think I want Gale to be my best man,” he says.

“Really, I thought you two were still a little on edge about each other,” I say.

“No, I think we are fine now, because if we were still on edge he wouldn’t have told me where to propose to you at.”

“Okay, but who didn’t talk to me for two years and just left because he didn’t want to be around me.”

“He said he didn’t want to intrude with any wedding planning.”

“You mean our wedding that is still three months away and he left five months ago. We didn’t even start planning this wedding until a month afterwards. I know Gale. He was not happy that I said yes to your proposal.”

“Well if he is the good friend that you always talked about then he will support you on your decisions and be so happy for you that he can’t bare it.” I give him a kiss then wrap my arms around him. I’m so lucky to have him. He knows me better than I know myself. “So who is going to be your maid of honor. Effie?”

 “No, she will probably just ruin the dress by adding crazy colors and huge puffy flowers,” I say.

“Okay,” he says. We think about it for a while. Right when I say I was going to give up Peeta throws out another idea.

“How about Annie?”

“No, she will be too busy with the baby.” We think a little longer. “Wait I got it!” I blurt out.

“Johanna.”

“Why her?” he asked in a confused tone.

“She was the only girl at Thirteen that sort of got what I was going through, and she would be the person I would talk to when I was bored.”

“Your decision, if your happy I’m happy.” He kisses me on the cheek.

“Who will wed us?” I ask.

“I think Caesar should because he would make the wedding entertaining.”

“Well I don’t want the wedding to be a joke,” I say. “I want the person that is going to wed us to be serious, like Haymitch,” I say. Peeta just starts to laugh.

“Haymitch, he is drunk all the time.”

“Well I think he should wed us because he has been with us for four years, and he sort of, not really, got us together.”

“You do have a point, and all we would have to do is make sure he doesn’t drink for at least forty eight hours until our wedding and he should be fine.”