Chapter 5

I can’t believe this, how? He’s dead. How could his delicate fingers had made the same dress I wore in the interview for the 75th Games.

“I don’t understand how, did you get that?” I say.

“After the one you were in at the Quell interviews he knew it wouldn’t be usable so he made an exact replica so you could wear it on your wedding day. It’s almost like he knew you were going to get married to Peeta because he knew how much he loved that dress on you,” says Veina.

“How did it make it through everything?”

“Well the prep room didn’t get destroyed,” says Flauvis.

“Also if the prep room did get destroyed Cinna had it in a safe under lock and key,” says Octavia.

“So how about we get this on you, and see how we are going to do your hair and makeup for your wedding,” said Veina.

“You can do the makeup but not the hair.” I have heard the voice that said that before. I know exactly who it is.

“Mom?” I ask suspiciously.

“I came for your wedding,” she said. I couldn’t believe she came. She moved to a different district because she couldn’t stand Twelve. I thought I would only be able to see her if I visited her. So they get me into a bath, and wax my legs. They sit me down and tell me to close my eyes during the hair and makeup process. Once I feel that the makeup is done I feel my mother’s hands go into my hair. I know exactly the hair style she is doing. It’s the style that I wore to the reaping to the 74th games. Once she is done I feel the veil that matched my dress go into my hair. They told me to open my eyes, and right when I saw myself I was speechless. Who was this girl I was looking at? This girl who looks perfect with her hair up and a light pink lipstick and a little blush. This girl with the perfect eyebrows and dark eye lashes. Topped off with the perfect veil. Then I realize that it is me. This girl from The Seam is now unrecognizable. But I look amazing and I am going to marry the love of my life looking like this.

“Here have these,” said Octavia while handing me a bouquet of flowers that match my dress. But these aren’t any ordinary flowers. These are white and sunset orange roses.

“Why roses?” I ask curiously.

“We thought it would be nice to include Snow in the ceremony to remember how you changed Panem,” says Flauvis .

“And we put orange in since the bridesmaid dresses and the groomsmen vests are going to be your favorite color we thought the bouquets and the flowers on the jackets should be Peeta’s favorite color,” says Octavia.

“Well I love it, you guys did a wonderful job and I hope to see you all at my wedding,” I say. I dismiss the team to go home so I could talk to my mother alone.

“Why are you here?” I ask her.

“Well I came to see you get married,” she says.

“Tell me the truth why you’re here, my wedding isn’t for three months.”  She’s silent for a moment, as if to come up withan excuse, which I know she is.

“It is because I want to live with you again, and love-” I sharply cut her off.

“No, you don’t love me. And you are not going to live with me because this is where Peeta and I live. Also if you loved me than you would have never gone to Four, and you would have helped my take care of Prim. If you would’ve done those things than I would think that you loved me because family takes care of each other. I had to take over your spot, and now Prim is dead! Peeta and I have been living on our own and we are fine without you. You abandoned me after the Rebellion and now you think you can just come back and think I will forgive you?” I yell at her. I run upstairs and take off the dress. I put my regular clothes on and I run out the door. I catch a glimpse of my mother as I run out the door sitting on the couch just staring at the ground. She looks the way she did when my dad died. I need someone to comfort me. I run as fast as I can to the bakery. I run right through the doors and I see Peeta kneading some dough.