Chapter 7

I lock my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me. The guests all stand on their feet and begin to clap. I am now Mrs. Mellark. Peeta grabs my hand and raises it above our heads. We lower our hands and he picks me up and walks down the aisle.

“We did it,” he says. He kisses me and puts me down. We get our wedding picture done then start walking to the lake where the reception will be held. When we get there we were going to go into the cabin that my father built but when we got there we saw Beetee going behind some trees with a box.

“I wonder what he’s doing?”

“I guess it is the surprise,” I say. We see a piano right next to the cabin. “I guess the piano player is Claudia.”

“Yeah, sorry about that Gale couldn’t find you so he asked me if Claudia could play the piano at the wedding.”

“You can make choices on your own. It’s not always my decision.” I give him a kiss on the cheek and we walk into the cabin. When we get in there it was transformed completely. The windows had curtains over them, there were white sheets and red pillows on the bed, rose petals and small white lights everywhere. I put my hand over my mouth. “Did you do this?” I ask.

“No.” It looks absolutely gorgeous. Then I saw a note on the bed. I leave Peeta and go pick it up. It had a beautiful green K and a gorgeous sunset orange P on it. Peeta looks at me with his eyes as if to say he’s afraid to open it. So I open it and begin to read.

“Mr. and Mrs. Mellark,

Congratulations. We re-did this entire area for you. You can stay in here until you are called out for your first dance. Please get comfortable, it is your day.

Sincerely, Gale and Claudia”

I can’t believe that Gale and Claudia did this for us. I guess Gale and Peeta are friends now.

“Wow.”

“I can’t believe it either.” We begin to hear the piano start to play. Guests must be on their way. I find a hair piece on the night stand. It is a white rose. Peeta helps me take off my veil and helps me put the rose in my hair.

“Gorgeous.” We sit down on the bed and Peeta puts his arm around me. He gives me a kiss. “I love you so much, and now I can call you my wife.” I smile. He grabs my hands and kisses me. I wrap my arms around he his neck and he puts his arms around my waist. His lips are as soft as babies’ skin. I’m not afraid to keep kissing him. I begin to have that feeling again. But this time it’s different. This time I feel that this is an everlasting love. I pull away and he smiles.  He puts a lock of my hair behind my ear and kisses my cheek. We hear a knock at the door.

“Yes?” he asks

“It’s about time for your fist dance so you’re going to have to come out,” says a voice that I can’t recognize.

“Okay, thank you.” I didn’t want to leave. “I guess we better get going.” He gets up and grabs my hand. I get up and we walk over towards the door. He looks at me with those light blue eyes. He could tell that I didn’t want to leave and I could tell that he didn’t want to leave. He opens up the door and right when everyone sees us they begin to clap.

“Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. and Mrs. Peeta Mellark,” announces Haymitch. “Please make room by the lake for the first dance.” Peeta and I walk over to the lake. Claudia begins to play the piano. My arms lock around his neck and he puts his arms around my waist and we begin to rock to the music. Claudia plays the piano like a full band is there, its beautiful music. I realize that we are in the best spot we could have our first dance.