(347): Care (Tadashi)

Hey, guys. I just want to say thank you because I won first place in the Movies/Books section of the fanfiction_awards! Thank you all so much; I've never won an award for my writing, and I'm thrilled to of one my first! Thank you all for sticking with me. I've been writing these for over a year, and I'd like to thank you all who stuck around. I love each and every one of you. I've heard so many life stories about how these have changed your lives, how happy that make you, and I've become great friends with many people during this! You all are amazing, and I hope to never stop hearing from you! Feel free to message me whenever you'd like, don't worry about bothering me. I'm always up to chat!

Sorry for another rant, but I am so thankful!

Enjoy this Tadashi x Reader!

You pull your scarf tighter around your neck as you approach the icy windows of the Lucky Cat Cafe. The snow is coming down quickly, and you're desperate to get away from it. Although the sign says that it's cold, you rapidly knock on the glass.

The door opens a little. "Dude, we're closed-"

"H-Hiro," you stutter through the cold. "It's me!"

"Whoa, ___," he answers. He opens the door all of the way and lets you come inside. "Dude, what are you doing out there? Didn't you know that there's a blizzard out there?"

You shiver and pull off your beanie. "Y-Yeah, but I-I needed groceries. I'd h-hoped to beat it, but my c-car broke down." You take in a rapid breath and peel your gloves off. Your hands burn as they adjust to the heat.

"Dude, you're soaking wet," Hiro comments. You look down at your feet, where a puddle surrounds you. "Aunt Cass!"

"Hiro," she calls back, "if the guy won't leave, just ignore it!"

"No, it was ___," he replies. "And she's sort of. . . freezing."

"What?" she runs down the steps and gasps. Her eyes widen. "___, sweetie! Come on upstairs. We'll get you dried off." You nod and trudge up the steps. She runs to the closet and pulls out a fluffy white towel. "Take your boots and coat off." You obey, handing them to her.

Tadashi comes downstairs and his eyes fall on you. "Hey, ___- whoa. What happened to you?"

"I got s-stuck in the snow," you struggle to say. "M-my car broke down."

"You're freezing!" your best friend comments.

"Ya t-think?" you mutter sarcastically.

"Tadashi, please take her upstairs. Give her a blanket and some of your pajamas. Hiro, put on a pot of water."

"Okay," Tadashi touches your back and leads you up the steps. You slip on the wood. Your face burns as his hands fall on your waist. "Be careful. I've got you." To say that you had a crush on Tadashi was an understatement. You've known him for years, and your feelings just grew each day. You bring yourself out of these thoughts as you shiver from the cold. Tadashi grabs his green pajama pants and one of his long sleeved white shirts. He tosses them to you. "Go ahead and change. I'll bring you a drink and blanket." He smiles and awkwardly adds, "You can, uh, close the panel while you change if you want."

You nod. "O-Okay."

Tadashi disappears down the steps. You slide the panel and immediately start taking your clothes off, desperate to free yourself from the cold prison. Your jeans stick to your legs. Your shirt is so heavy and wet against your shoulders that, when you lift it from your body, there's a river of icy water that runs down your back. You slide the white t shirt on and the pajama pants, and then wrap your sopping wet hair up in the towel. Just as Tadashi comes up the steps, you open the panel. He hands you and fleece blanket and a large mug of black tea. You smile.

"Thank you," you breathe.

"You're welcome. I'll take your clothes to Aunt Cass; she's drying them. I'll be right back." When he does come back, he pulls you down next to him on his bed. You pull your legs up and sigh.

"Go ahead and lecture me," you mutter.

"Oh, you're getting more than a lecture. What were you thinking? It's below freezing outside and the snow is coming down like crazy! When did leaving the house seem like a good idea?"

"Um, when you're starving and suddenly out of cereal and pizza rolls and essentials like that."

Tadashi drops his face into his hands. "Unbelievable. ___, what am I going to do with you?"

"Yell at me again," you say sharply. "You always do. Everytime I do something wrong, anyways." It's true. Whether you've over slept or under slept, Tadashi always seemed to be mad at you. If you had too big of a breakfast or too small of a breakfast, he was there to scold you.

Tadashi sighs and frowns. "___, I'm sorry that I yell at you all of the time. I just really care about you."

Your heart skips a beat. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," he says in a soft voice. He wraps his arm around you and brings you close, pressing his lips to the cold skin of your forehead. You immediately tense up, feeling the heat rush to your face. "I really like you."

You try not to choke as you say, "I really like you, too." He chuckles lightly and hugs you tighter for a moment. "I really am sorry."

"Don't be. I'm glad that you're here." You lean your head against his shoulder, feeling much warmer in the caring presence of your best friend.