(360): Fresh Start (Older Hiro)

I just started second semester today, so I figured that this Older Hiro x Reader was necessary.

-
You wake up to the sound of your beeping alarm clock. Raising your head, you find the bright red numbers. You slam your hand down on the top of the clock to silence it's annoying screeching. With a long yawn, you immediately sit up and stretch. Grabbing your phone, you jump out of bed and run to your closet as you check your texts. There's one from Hiro, your boyfriend of a year.

Morning, beautiful. I'll meet you at the café.

You smile. Today was the start of second semester, and after a much needed winter break, you're finally returning to SFIT. It's a bittersweet feeling. You love studying robotics and hanging with your friends on campus, but you're also not a fan of homework or tests. You quickly get ready and run outside of your small apartment. You're excited to see Hiro again. Your family just got back from a vacation that lasted all winter break.

The air is really chilly today, but it gives you the excuse to wear Hiro's SFIT hoodie. The walk to the café is very peaceful; all of the adults slowly shuffling to work, the taxis pulling next to the curbs, the kids holding their mother's hand as they cross the street to the school.

The café is open and bustling with people as they buy their breakfast and leave for work. You step inside and scan the room for Hiro. "___!"

You turn towards the counter and see him. Your lips curl up into a smile as he swiftly begins to meet you halfway. He takes you into his arms and kisses your cheek. "Morning," you say.

"Morning," he says back, pulling away and tucking a piece of your hair behind your ear. "Excited?"

"For another round of stress and sleepless nights? Wow, sounds fantastic!"

Hiro laughs at your sarcastic comment. "I think you've been hanging around me too much. Oh! Here." He turns around and hands you a paper cup and bag. "One small french vanilla coffee and four donut holes."

Your heart melts. "You bought me breakfast?"

"Technically it's free, since I live here and everything-"

You laugh. "Okay, but you thought of me and that's what counts."

"I'm always thinking of you," he replies simply, leaning down for a kiss. You smile and reach up.

Before your lips touch, you hear a, "Wait, wait!" Aunt Cass leans over the counter and softly hits her nephew on his shoulder. "What did I tell you about kissing in the café?"

Hiro sighs. "Not to do it when the old people are in here because they hate teenagers?" He looks down at you and smirks as you giggle.

Aunt Cass's eyes widen as she shoots a nervous look at the table filled with well-dressed and obviously very grumpy business men. "Shh! You've gotta learn to be respectful, Hiro." She laughs and shakes her head before leaning closer to you two. "But you're not wrong."

"Aunt Cass, when am I ever wrong?" Hiro questions.

"Hm... let me see..." you mumble. Hiro elbows you lightly on your arm to silence you. You laugh at him and wrap your arm around his waist.

Aunt Cass smiles. "Get out of here, kiddos. I promise, this afternoon you can kiss all you want."

Hiro chuckles. "Thanks, Aunt Cass."

"I love you, two," she continues. "Have a great day!"

"We love you, too," Hiro says. He keeps one hand on the small of your back as he leads you out of the café and to the chilly outside. He talks to you about what you missed while you were on a family vacation during the break while you sip your coffee and munch on the donuts. You leave a couple for Hiro, who pops all of them into his mouth at once, leaving you shaking your head at him.

"Remember when we were kids and we had a gummy bear eating contest?" he asks.

"Ugh, don't remind me. You could fit over thirty of those things in your mouth even after you ate three bags." Your stomach churns at the thought of how sick you felt that day.

"It's one of my many talents," he continues with a smirk.

"Oh! What's your schedule this semester, Hiro?"

"Advanced Robotics II, Advanced Calculus III-" You sigh. Hiro stops and looks down at you. "What is it?"

You shake your head. Hiro was eighteen, but so were you. "I don't know why I ask. You're obviously calm about having the third advanced calculus class while I'm nervous about having just a normal calculus class."

"___, please don't worry about school," he says. "You always do great. Besides, having a boyfriend in advanced classes just means that you can get a lot of help. I'm not giving up on you, not now, and not ever. So don't give up on yourself, okay?"

You smile and pull him to a stop. "Is it appropriate to kiss you right now?"

He smirks and turns you so your back is against the brick building of a doctor's office. His hands cradle your face as he says, "Well, I don't see any old people, so..." You laugh as he dips his head down and catches your lips in a light, passionate kiss. His fingers stroke your cheeks delicately as he kisses you; your arms slowly make their way around his neck. The kiss is long and sweet, and when he pulls away, he kisses you once more on your forehead. "We're gonna be late if we don't get moving."

"Yeah," you breathe. He pulls away and takes your hand instead. "Can't we kiss and walk at the same time?"

Hiro laughs. "This is a fresh start, ___. We've gotta be responsible this semester."

"You know that you're gonna forget about that the moment you want to bet Fred on how many bags of sour cream and onion chips he can hold down."

"You're probably right," he admits. "You know me so well."

You laugh and wrap your arms around his torso. He kisses your head as you hug him. "It's one of my many talents."