(317): Thunderstorms (Older Hiro)

I know that I'm behind on getting your requests in, but I'm losing inspiration. Sorry.

Older Hiro x Reader + a child~

(Unedited).

It's late at night. You're asleep on your bed and curled up next to your husband, Hiro. Everything is calm and quiet.

Then there's suddenly a loud boom of thunder. You jerk out of your sleep, your heartbeat racing. Hiro lifts his head just as the second flash of lightning lights up the room. "H-Hiro!" you say softly. He rubs his eyes quickly and sits up. You're pushing yourself deeper into the bed and pulling the blanket up over you.

Hiro moves closer to you, knowing that you've had a fear of storms for a while. "Sh, shh," Hiro whispers softly, his hand gently rubbing your shoulder. "I'm right here. It's okay." You lift your hand up and grasp his tightly. He leans down and kisses your head. "Go back to sleep. I'll be right here."

You nod and squeeze your eyes shut tightly, preparing for the next crack of thunder. Hiro is snoring just a few minutes later. When it comes, you don't jump because of it. You jump because of the scream from down the hallway.

"Mommy!" the voice of your three year old daughter screams, "Mommy, Daddy!"

You immediately jump out of bed. Hiro jerks up again. "W-What-"

You run into the hall, Hiro just behind you. You throw her door open and start to her bed. "Sweetie, it's okay," you say. She reaches her outstretched arms higher and you lift her up.

"What is it?" Hiro asks, running into the bedroom. He flips the light on. "Are you two okay?"

You turn and blink to adjust to the sudden light. When you can finally see properly, you take in your husband's appearance. He's holding a broom as if he was prepared to hit someone with it. "We're fine. The thunder woke her up. Did you run to the closet to grab the broom?"

Hiro looks down at his hands. "Yeah, I guess I did. Um," he runs a hand through his hair and blushes, "are you guys okay?"

You laugh. "Yeah, we're okay."

"I'm scared, Daddy," your daughter says.

Hiro crosses the room and places one hand on your back, the other on your daughter's head. He runs a hand through her messy black hair and smiles. "You don't have to be scared."

The thunder roars once again. (Name) screeches in terror and buries her face in your hair. "Daddy!"

Hiro sighs, "Baby, you don't have to be scared," Hiro says calmly. "Your Mommy and I are both here. It's just thunder. It can't hurt you."

"But it's loud," she says.

"Then hold your ears," you suggest.

Your daughter obeys. Hiro takes her and kisses her forehead. "You should get some sleep."

"I wanna sleep with you and Mommy," she whispers.

"No," Hiro says gently.

You squeeze Hiro's shoulders. "Aw, please, sweetie? Just one time."

"You know that she'll just crawl into bed with us every night," he says patiently.

"Hiro," you whine.

Hiro sighs. "You know that I can't say no to you." You smile. "Alright, (Name). Just tonight." He shifts her in his arms and takes your hand. You reach up and kiss his cheek before flipping the light switch off.

Once in bed, the thunder is soft and far away. You lay next to your family, your daughter in your arms and your husband's arms around you. "I love you, (Name)," you whisper.

"I love you, too, Mommy," she whispers back. "And you, Daddy."

He laughs and kisses the top of her head. "I love you, sweetie." He drops his head until his forehead meets yours. "And I love you." You smile. Soon enough, you start to fall under.