(250): Anniversary Picnic

Tadashi x Reader requested by rainbowsicle.

(Unedited).

"Where are you taking me, Tadashi?" You ask your boyfriend. He's currently leading you somewhere. His hands cover your eyes.

"It's a surprise," He says.

You laugh. "Okay. Can you at least tell me how long we're going to walk? I didn't dress for hiking."

"We're almost there, ___." Tadashi is silent for a few minutes. "And. . .  here. Ready?"

"Ready," You say.

Tadashi moves his hands away. "Happy anniversary!" He exclaims. He steps to the side.

You grin. A picnic blanket lays underneath a tree. Sandwiches, cookies, (drink), and chips lay on the blanket. The sun is shining, the sky a cloudless blue. It looks perfect.

"Tadashi," You say. "This is great."

"I was hoping that you'd think so," Tadashi says.

"It's so great," You breathe, shaking your head. You turn to Tadashi and throw your arms around his shoulders. "Thank you!"

Tadashi wraps his arms around you and lifts you up. Your lips find his and he spins you in a half circle. You pull away and grin. Tadashi sets you down.

"Hungry?" He asks. You nod. He takes your hands and leads you to the blanket.

Tadashi sets out the food for you. While you eat, you lean against Tadashi's side. After dessert, Tadashi reads (favorite book) to you. You close your eyes and listen.

After a while, Tadashi stops. You feel him brush the hair away from your face. "Are you asleep?" He asks.

"No," You say. "I'm listening. Why'd you stop?"

"Because it's getting dark," He says.

"Oh." You open your eyes and frown. The sky is a dark purple that twinkles with stars. "Now what?"

"Come here," Tadashi says. He stands up and pulls you with him. He leads you to a hill. At the top, Tadashi lays down. He pats the grass beside him. "Watch the stars with me."

You smile and lay down. "It's beautiful," You comment. Tadashi's hand finds yours. "Thank you for the picnic, Tadashi. It was perfect."

He smiles. "You're welcome. I did this for you. Thank you for being the best girlfriend ever."

You look over at him. "There's no way I'm the best. You did all of this for me. I didn't do anything except give you a gift card. You're the best boyfriend ever."

Tadashi's eyes meet yours. "___, I wouldn't trade you for the world. You give me so much everyday. And thanks." He grins. He touches his forehead to yours.

"I love you," You whisper.

"And I love you. Happy anniversary."