(294): Broken Promises (Part Two)

Borrowed Violet's power from The Incredibles for this --

Part two~

(Unedited).

It didn't take that long until your group ran right into Yokai. Hiro jumped into action. It almost seemed as if just seeing the villain made him a different person. He was destructive as he flew around the dark room on Baymax.

When Baymax was shoved away by microbots, Hiro immediately ran to his side. With that, Yokai turned his attention to the rest of the team. You, Honey Lemon, Go Go, and Wasabi all try to fight him off the best you can, but nonetheless end up failing. Go Go slid across the icy surface the floor left after Honey Lemon threw one of the chemical weapons she had. Because of this, Go Go slipped and her aim was thrown off. The disk that left her hand hit Honey Lemon right in the head.

You and Wasabi were left to fight him off. "Okay, we can do this, Wasabi."

"Uh. . . yeah, yeah. Of course we do," he says with obvious fear and concern.

"We can do it, Wasabi. There are two of us and only one of him."

"Not if you count the microbots!"

"Just have faith," you say.

"O-Okay. You wanna dance, masked man?" He taunts Yokai. Yokai turns his attention to you and you glare at him. He has his plasma lasers, and you had your force field gloves. "You'll be dancing with this! And these! And a little bit of that!" He laughs. You are able to deflect the hits of microbots both you and Wasabi receive while he destroys them. "Hey, we're pretty good!" He exclaims.

Suddenly, the hits stop. Wasabi smirks. "Is that all you've got?"

You gasp when you feel something tighten around your ankles. You look down to see a line of microbots wrapped around you and Wasabi.

"Oh, you got that, too?" He asks. With the jerk of Yokai's hand, you find yourself flying through the air. Wasabi wasn't thrown as far, and you notice that he's going to hit Fred. You have about half a second to decide to help Wasabi and Fred or you. You quickly throw your hands out towards them and watch as your force field encircles their bodies. They land safely as you hit the ground hard.

"___!" Hiro shouts, his voice distant in your ear. You feel hands shake your shoulders gently. When you look up, you see your four friends staring down at you.

"___? Are you okay?" Wasabi's voice asks.

"Y-Yeah," you whisper. "Are you?"

Wasabi nods. "Guys!" Hiro shouts. Everyone turns to see Hiro standing over Yokai. Hiro is holding the mask in his hands.

"We need to get over there," Go Go says.

Honey Lemon looks down at you. "Can you walk?"

You nod and sit up. You're only halfway up when you collapse due to a pain in your knee. Wasabi catches you. "I'll carry her," he says, gently hooking his arms under your knees and lifting you into his arms.

Wasabi walks over to Hiro just as Yokai begins to stand up. "It's over, Krei," Hiro says. Yokai stands up to face your group. You gasp.

"Professor Callaghan?" Hiro questions. "Y-You died."

"No. I had my microbots to protect me," he says.

"But Tadashi," Hiro says quietly, his voice broken. You resist the urge to go to him. "You just let him die."

"Give me the mask, Hiro," Callaghan orders.

"He went in there to save you!"

"That was his mistake!" Callaghan shouts.

Something inside Hiro changes. "Baymax," he says through clenched teeth, "destroy."

"Hiro, no!" You exclaim.

"Hiro, my health care programming prevents me from harming another human being."

"Not anymore," he says, reaching up and opening Baymax's port. He grabs the nursing chip and throws it away. "Do it, Baymax! Destroy him!"

"Hiro!" You say, watching in terror as Baymax starts towards Callaghan. "You have to stop him, guys. If you don't then he will he will kill him. He won't stop until he's dead." Honey, Go Go, and Fred all run for Baymax. Wasabi gently sets you against the wall. "I'll be okay," you assure him. "Go!"

You watch in fear as your friends all try to stop Baymax. Baymax shoves and tosses them away easily, and you know that you have to help. You slowly push yourself off of the floor and swallow the pain. You stagger toward the robot, snatching the nursing chip on your way.

"Guys, stop!" Hiro shouts at his friends. You jump in front of Baymax and reach up for his port. He reacts faster than you, however, and you feel his fist connecting with your shoulder. You yelp and fall on your back. He raises his metal hand again, so you throw your hands up to create a force field. Baymax brings his fist down again and again on your shield. Your arms are weakening. Your concentration falters for half a second and then you're unconscious.

"Baymax, no!" Go Go shouts. Honey Lemon grabs the chip from beside you and puts it back into Baymax's port.

"My healthcare protocol has been violated. I regret any distress I may of caused."

"Guys, what are you doing?" Hiro screams, turning back to his friends after Callaghan escapes. He yanks his helmet off and throws it down in anger.

"What you just did," Wasabi says seriously, "we never signed up for."

"Hiro," Honey Lemon says. Hiro turns his head. You're laying in her arms, completely unconscious.

"___!" He exclaims, all of his anger melting away. He drops to the ground and takes you from Honey Lemon. "___, listen to me. Listen to what I'm saying. You promised me. You promised me that nothing would happen. You can't go back on that promise." Hiro is panicking as he takes the helmet off of your head. The glass is shattered, the metal bent. "I wasn't lying when I said that I need you. Please, don't leave me. I didn't mean for you to get hurt. It's my fault. I don't even care if you're mad at me, just please be okay. Please." He lets out a sob and drops his head until his forehead meets yours. "I'm not satisfied with my care."

"I-I'm not, either," your voice whispers softly.

Hiro lifts his head until he can see your (e/c) eyes. "You're okay."

"I told you I would be," you say, a smile on your face. "And you told me that you wouldn't act stupid and reckless before we started this whole hero thing."

"I know," he says, gently setting you down. He helps you sit up. "I was stupid and I let my emotions get in the way of protecting you and my friends. Are you mad?" He asks. Before you can answer, he shakes his head. "You know what, I don't care." He reaches out and takes your face gently in his hands. He pulls you in for a rough kiss. He pulls back and whispers, "But are you really mad?"

You smirk. "Very. But I love you."

Hiro smiles and kisses you again.