(225): Everyone Else

Finally updating. Sorry it's been a while. I finally presented that project. It probably failed, but hey, it's done! & it's so close to my Disney World vacation that I really couldn't care less!

Hiro x Reader requested by Writer-Girl13. ^-^

(Unedited).

"Good morning," Your boyfriend, Hiro, says at the bus stop. You haven't been with him for that long. About a month, maybe. Because you and Hiro both go to college, and you are both too young for college, you and Hiro both take the city bus every day.

You smile. "Good morning." You take Hiro's hand. "Did you get that robotics homework done yesterday?"

"Yeah," Hiro says. "And they said it was challenging? Whatever. Super easy." He rolls his eyes.

Your smile falters. You blush and look down.

"What?" Hiro asks.

"I thought it was hard. I didn't even get done with it."

Hiro squeezes your hand. "Hey, no worries. We'll work on it on the bus."

You smile. The bus squeals to a stop. The doors swing open with a creak. The bus driver waves everyone inside. You and Hiro follow an older man who holds a newspaper up to his face. You take your usual seat in the back, you on the end, Hiro by the window. You take your homework out and set it on Hiro's lap. He tries explaining it to you. He goes over it once, twice, three times. It still doesn't make any sense.

Hiro sighs. "Give me a pencil." You hand one to him and he speeds through the worksheet for you.

Just then, loud giggles flood the bus. You glare up as a flock of girls, a little older than you, head towards the back of the bus. You scoot over, leaving a few inches between you and Hiro. Hiro frowns at you. You shrug. They pile in the seats behind you. At the next stop, two guys join them. You and Hiro stay silent. These people were jerks. They always picked on kids who just. . . looked like they should be picked on. Hiro was one that just got away with never being bullied. He wasn't in their radar. You, however, were always their target. That's why you didn't let anyone know that you and Hiro were together. He could become a target.

You wince as one throws a wad of paper at your head. "Hey, dummy," A girl says. "Can't even do your own homework, huh?" Everyone laughs. "And look at your hair. Did you even brush it?"

Hiro looks over at you, begging you to say something. His fists are clenched around the paper.

"Stop," You whisper. "Just drop it."

Hiro stares at you a moment longer, his eyes burning into yours. Finally, he looks back at the paper.

"Did you pay the kid to do your homework?" She presses on.

"Hey, kid," A guy says. "You don't have to listen to her. She's weird." He leans over the seat and whispers in your ear. "She's nothing."

You drop your head. Hiro stiffens. The guy laughs and drops back into his seat. Everyone's cackling. Hiro turns towards the people. "No," You whisper loudly. "Stop."

"But- they-"

"Hiro," You beg, your eyes wet with tears. "Please."

Hiro leans against the back of the seat again. You sit in silence for the rest of the ride. When the bus stops, you step out into the aisle. The girls call you names. The older man drops his newspaper and frowns at you. You give him a polite smile and walk off of the bus.

Everyone parts ways to go to their classes. Hiro follows you. When the hallway is empty, he runs to your side. He grabs your wrist. "___, you have to stand up for yourself."