(238): Mother's Day (Tadashi)

Tadashi x Reader for Mother's Day because why not?

(Unedited).

"Good morning, Tadashi," You say to your husband. He's sitting at his desk.

He looks up and smiles. "Morning, beautiful."

You lean forward and kiss the top of his head. "What are you doing?"

"Signing this Mother's Day card for Aunt Cass. We're taking her out to dinner tonight."

"Oh. That's right, it's Mother's Day." You hug Tadashi's shoulders. "We should probably get her a bouquet of flowers, too."

"We will," Tadashi says.

You kiss his head again. "Want breakfast?"

"Sure. That sounds great."

You walk to the kitchen and take out eggs and pancake mix. As you're preparing the eggs, Tadashi steps into the kitchen. "Who knows," He says as he pours milk in a glass, "maybe by next Mother's Day we could be expecting a baby of our own."

You smile. "And maybe we'll have our baby before next Mother's Day."

Tadashi smiles as he puts the milk back in the fridge. "Right. Wait. . . what?" He stands up straight and turns to you. "___?"

You turn around and bite your lip. Tadashi looks down at your stomach.

"A-Are you. . .?" He trails off. You nod. "You're. . ."

"I found out yesterday," You whisper.

Tadashi steps over to you and lifts you into his arms. He presses his face into your shoulder. You're crying. "We're going to have a baby," He whispers. "I'm going to be a dad!"

You nod. "Yeah," You whisper. Tadashi pulls away and grins. He wipes your tears away and cradles your face in his hands.

"We have to tell everyone. We can tell Cass at dinner and tomorrow we can invite our friends and tell them. . ." He shakes his head. "___, this is so great. We're going to be parents." He kisses you. "And you're going to be a mother."

You nod. "I know. It's hard to even believe. I can't. . . believe. . . we have a baby, Tadashi."

Tadashi hugs you again. "I love you so, so much. More than you will ever know. You two mean everything to me." He kisses your cheek and puts his hands on your stomach. "Happy Mother's Day."