(334): World Kindness Day (Tadashi)

I'm bringing a couple of World Kindness Day one shots because kindness is important. As someone who had been bullied for 11 years of her life, I can assure you that kindness means more than you think. One kind word can make someone's entire day, and sometimes their entire life.

So I'm going to leave you all with some kindness to brighten your day:

I love and appreciate all of you ❤

Enjoy this Tadashi x Reader~

"Hi, Tadashi," you greet one of your closest friends. He turns from where he was walking down the hall.

"Hey, ___," he says, running his hand down his face. He knocks his hat askew, but doesn't fix it.

Your eyebrows pull together in concern. "What's wrong?"

"The dumb robot won't work," he says with a groan. "I've been working for hours and it's no use." His eyes drop down to the blueprint in his hands. He shakes his head and crumbles it up.

You purse your lips together and put your hands over his. "Let me help you," you say, pulling his hands apart to smooth out the paper.

"It's late," Tadashi says, turning his head towards the glass windows.

You shrug. "It's Friday. I have time."

"Are you sure? I don't know how long it'll take. . ."

"You've done a million favors for me, Tadashi. I should repay you somehow." You smile at him.

The corners of his lips pull up a little. "Alright."

"Show me the way," you say. He leads you to his lab. Once there, he grabs your arm and leads you to the white robot that's standing in the back of the lab.

"___, this is Baymax."

You nod in approval. "Wow, that's amazing."

"Yeah," he says dryly. "He would be if he would work, anyways."

"Well, we can fix it," you assure him. You nod and circle the robot. "How's his wiring?"

"It was working earlier," he says, "but something happened, apparently." Tadashi opens the access port and slides the chip out. "I think it's this that keeps messing up, actually."

You take it and examine the green card. "Hm. Can I use your laptop?"

"Of course," he says, pulling the office chair out for you. You smile and take your seat. You start up the computer and put the chip into the side. "You'll have to click here for the files."

"Mmhm," you hum an answer. You begin to read through the files that seem to go on for pages and pages. "Wow, you're very . . . detailed."

"Yeah, I wanted him to be set up with ten thousand medical procedures," he answers. "This chip is what makes Baymax, Baymax."

"It's very impressive," you say. You begin to go through each and every file. Tadashi paces the floor nervously. Twenty minutes pass and he's still walking. You glance up from the screen and smile. "Maybe you should sit down."

"Hm? Why?"

"You're pacing and it's making me a bit uncomfortable," you say with a light laugh.

"Sorry," he says, scratching the back of his head. "I think I'm going to take a walk. Okay?"

"Okay," you answer. He steps out of the lab. You get back to work, and before you know it, it's forty minutes later. Where is he?

Right on cue, Tadashi comes back and sits a steamy cup on the desk. "One whipped peppermint mocha," he says. You look up at him and smile.

"What's this for?"

"It's for all of your help," he replies with a smile. He takes a sip of his own drink. "And who knows how long we'll be here."

"Unless you want to hang out here all night, I guess we'll be here a while, but-" You take the card out of the laptop and hand it to him. "I'm done."

His eyes widen. "Seriously? Already?" You nod. He runs to Baymax and puts the chip in. With a huge grin on his face, he says, "Ow."

"Hello, I am Baymax. Your personal healthcare companion," The robot says.

"It works! Awesome! Now all I have to do is make a charger and luggage and- you work!" He turns to you. You grab your bag and sling it over your shoulder. "Thank you so much. I don't know how to repay you."

You smile and shake your head. "The coffee is enough."

"No way, there has to be something else. Anything."

You smile at his kindness. "I have a huge robotics test next Tuesday. I'd love a study buddy." He smiles and nods. "Sunday? We can go to the cafe just out of the city. I'll buy."

"No way," he says with a shake of his head. "I'll buy."

You shrug. "We'll see." You laugh a little. "I'll see you Sunday, Tadashi."

"See you," he says. You wave and walk out the door, the smile still plain on your face.