(194): Here In Your Arms

Short & kind of sad Hiro x Reader sort of  inspired by Here (In Your Arms) by Hellogoodbye. Obviously this song is too happy for this type of one shot, but whatevs.

(Unedited).

It's been three weeks since the day that changed everyone's lives. Ever since Tadashi Hamada passed away, nothing has been the same. Your friends are sad. You are sad. Hiro is empty.

You haven't seen him since the funeral. Cass says that he has trouble eating. He hardly sleeps. He never talks. He keeps the blinds closed and the lights off.

You worry about him. You can't stand to see him hurting. He means so much to you. You call him, text him, and send him video messages telling him about how much you love him, how much you need him, how you're there for him.

Hiro listens to your voicemails. He reads your texts. He watches your videos. He just doesn't respond.

You stop by the cafe to see Cass one day. "How is he?" You ask.

"He's. . . functioning. If that's what you call it. He drinks water. He eats a few bites of food every couple of days. Sometimes he smiles, but it isn't the same."

You frown. "He never answers me."

"Give him time, ___. Maybe he'll come around." She glances at the stairs. "I hope he does."

"Can I go see him?" You ask.

"Sure. Don't expect much response, though."

You give Cass a small smile before walking up the stairs.

-

"Hiro?" You ask softly as you reach the top of the stairs.

Hiro looks over from where he sits on the beanbag chair. He says, "Hey."

"Hey," You breathe. You walk over to him. He scoots over in the chair, leaving room for you. "Um. H-Have you been getting my messages?"

He nods.

"Okay. Good. I needed to be sure. I just want you to know that I'm here."

He shrugs. "It doesn't change anything."

"Hiro," You say.

"Nothing can change it."

"I know. I know it's painful. Bad things happen, Hiro, and maybe. . . sometimes they happen for the better. I know that it sounds awful. It is awful. Life is unfair. Life is awful. Sometimes you're lucky enough to get your times of happiness." You pull Hiro against you. He leans his head on your shoulder and closes his eyes. You kiss the top of Hiro's head. "I've missed you."

Hiro turns so he can wrap his arms around you. He holds you close. "I've missed you, too. Don't leave me, okay?"

"Okay," You whisper. You can hear Hiro's sobs as he cries against the fabric of your shirt. "I won't. I promise."

He wipes his eyes and nods. "I feel so much better when you're here," He chokes out. It's then he realizes how much you really mean to him. You're the one who's always there for him. Who doesn't get angry when he doesn't reply. You understand his pain. You can hear his silent screams of heartbreak. You understand it all. Suddenly, Hiro realizes that there's no place else he could be but here in your arms.