(308): Looking Back (Older Hiro)

It's hard to believe that exactly one year ago today I posted my very first Big Hero 6 one shot. I never would of thought that my book will get over a million reads and I would soon have 308 one shots. When I posted the first one shot, we didn't have anything other than a teaser trailer and the newly released "Meet Baymax" clip. I used those and the original comics to make a plot to each story. (Fun fact: in the first ever Fred x Reader that I wrote, which was actually rewritten as Say You Like Me, Fred was a very poor science genius that lived with his single mother in a very small house on the outside of the city) I was either the very first Big Hero 6 fan fiction or one of the very first, and I am still surprised that I've made it this far.

I've thanked you all a hundred times, and I'll thank you a hundred more. You guys are the sweetest, most supportive and patient (sometimes c; KIDDING) people ever. Thank you for every request you've put in. I hope to see many more and be able to continue this as time goes on! ❤

Older Hiro x Reader~

"___, we're supposed to be at the restaurant in exactly thirty minutes and it's a twenty five minute drive," Hiro calls out from downstairs.

"Just a second!" you call out as you touch up the little bit of makeup you've applied.

"What are you even doing up there?" he asks.

"I'm getting ready."

"You've been getting ready for hours," he complains. "I've spent more of our first anniversary waiting around by myself than actually with you."

You stand at the foot of the steps and smooth down the skirt of your knee length white dress. It flows out from your waist nicely, and it looks great against your skin. Your white flats compliment the simple dress. "Okay. I'm ready."

Hiro turns around and his jaw drops. He shakes is head.

"What? Is it too much? You don't like it?" You frown.

"No!" Hiro says, quickly running up the stairs and taking your hand. He leads you down and a smile appears on his face. "I'm just. . . I don't even know what to say. You're gorgeous, ___." You smile and reach up to kiss him. His arms encircle you and he meets your lips halfway. "This is almost as breathtaking as when I saw you walking down that aisle."

You press your lips to his once more. "You're too sweet."

"I know," he replies with a smirk. "Now come on. We really have to be going." Hiro grabs your coat and his and opens the front door for you. You step outside and quickly walk to the car. By the time you reach the door, Hiro is already there, pulling it open.

"You're such a gentleman today," you comment.

"What do you mean, today?" he asks when he climbs into the driver's side of the car. "I have been a gentleman everyday since I met you."

"What, you mean when we were fourteen and you almost killed me at that bot fight? You basically sacrificed me to Yama!"

"That was before I realized that I had a huge crush on you," he defends.

"Last week you almost sacrificed me to a bug that was in the shower," you add.

Hiro laughs, "Hey, that bug could've killed me!"

You laugh, too, "So you'd rather it kill me?"

"You're a lot tougher, you know."

"Oh, yeah. Says the city's greatest super hero." You roll your eyes.

Hiro laughs again and takes your hand. He lifts it to his lips and leaves a kiss on your knuckles. "I love you."

"I love you. Even though you tried to kill me."

-

"What do you want for dessert?" the waitress asks.

Hiro orders your favorite dessert for you. You share it with him. When you're finished, Hiro pays for the meal and the two of you leave. You walk to the car, only to be stopped when Hiro takes your hand.

You look at him. "Let's walk," he suggests, jerking his head toward the sidewalk. You shrug and smile. Both of you are completely silent.

After a few moments, you ask, "What are you thinking about?"

"Do you remember when we first met?" he asks.

"Yes," you reply, "I walked into the cafe with my mom and you knocked me over while you were chasing your flying cat."

Hiro smiles, "I think about it all the time. I had no idea that the girl I had just run over would be my wife."

You hug him close. He leans over and kisses the top of your head. "Do you remember our first date?"

"You mean the one I forgot to show up to?" Hiro laughs. "I still feel bad about that."

"You were a seventeen year old college kid," you say, "of course you would find videogames and homework more important."

He laughs again and shakes his head. "When you showed up that night, all dressed up, I knew that I had screwed up. I thought that you were going to dump me right there but you just kissed me while I was mid-apology."

"You were all panicked and it was cute," you defend. "Plus I was already in love with you, whether you loved me back or not."

"I think I fell in love with you when we were sixteen. That night in January when you spent the day with me and ended up getting snowed in."

"Oh, when Aunt Cass wouldn't let me leave because she knew that I would never find my way home?"

"Yeah," he continues, "and you fell asleep on the couch next to me and refused to let me get up because you were cold. That was when I realized that girls weren't gross and you were actually the prettiest one out there."

You pull him to a stop. He turns around and his hands gently hold your waist. "I love you," you announce, "and I've never loved anyone as much as I love you."

Hiro leans down and touches his lips to yours. You wrap your arms around him. He pulls back and says, "I love you so much. You're the reason I'm still here. If you hadn't of sacrificed so much to help me when I lost Tadashi and beat some sense into me when I was a reckless fourteen year old super hero, I don't know where I would be." He kisses your cheek. "You're what gave me the will to live. And now I've been married to you for a year? It's hard to even think about."

You hug him closely and lay your cheek against his chest. "I would marry you a hundred more times."

"You love me that much?" he asks.

"I must, since I share my dessert with you and save you from bugs," you reply with a laugh.

Hiro releases you and takes only your hand. He walks back in the direction of where the car is parked. "Okay, you've got to let that go. You make me sound like a complete wimp!"

"Only your alter ego is a wimp," you say. "Your super hero self is actually a brilliant super genius who can beat any monster or villain. But I love both of them."

"I guess I'll take that," he says, kissing your hair. "Happy anniversary, beautiful."