(262): I Hate Him

A Tadashi x Reader with lots of feels because why not?

(Unedited).

"Hiro, I'm so happy for you!" You exclaim.

Hiro smiles at you, holding the acceptance letter to SFIT. "Thanks, ___."

Your boyfriend, Tadashi, drapes his arm over your shoulders. You look up at him and smile. Tadashi leans down and kisses your forehead.

He turns to Aunt Cass. "Aunt Cass? We'll catch up, okay?"

"Okay," She says.

"I'll see you at the car, ___," Tadashi says.

"Okay." You kiss him. "It'll be unlocked."

Tadashi nods. He drops his arm and walks off. You turn away and start walking to the car. The night is peaceful. You watch a few cheery families walking to their cars, cheering on their sons and daughters who are holding an acceptance letter. As soon as you reach the car, your heart drops. In the reflection in the window, you see fire. You turn around and see the showcase up in flames.

"Oh my gosh," You choke out. You sprint forward, weaving through the crowd of panicked people. You look for Hiro and Tadashi. "Hiro! Tadashi! Where are you?"

"Tadashi, no!" You hear Hiro say.

You look over to the right and see Hiro, clutching Tadashi's arm. You're frozen. Tadashi wouldn't run in there. He couldn't. He couldn't leave you and his family and his entire future-

But he did.

As Tadashi runs into the building, you run after him. "Tadashi!" Hiro just started following you when the building explodes. You're thrown backwards into Hiro. Your ears are ringing and your heart is beating quickly. You and Hiro both sit up quickly, watching the flames and hoping, praying, that Tadashi comes out.

"Tadashi!" Hiro screams. "Tadashi! Tadashi!"

You're silent. He isn't coming out. You stand up and stagger towards the flames until you collapse to the ground. He's gone.

~

"___, are you hungry?" Aunt Cass asks you after the funeral.

You're sitting on Tadashi's bed, staring at the picture of the two of you that sits on the nightstand. "No," You say quietly. "I'm not."

Aunt Cass smiles sadly. "Okay. Tell me if you are. And . . . take all the time you need in here."

"Thanks," You whisper.

She shuts the door. Your eyes fill up with tears. The door opens. Hiro walks in.

"___," He says. "What are you doing in here?"

You shake your head, unable to talk without breaking into tears.

"___?"

"I hate him," You say.

Hiro looks at you, completely shocked. "What?"

"I hate him," You break off with a sob.

"___."

"He left me." You look at Hiro. "He left us."

Hiro walks to your side. "But. . . you can't hate him."

"I do," You say. "I hate him. He left me here and he didn't even think about what he was doing. He ran right into the building and he didn't listen and- and he left us. He didn't think about us. He didn't even say goodbye."

Hiro drops to his knees in front of you. He's crying. "___, you can't hate him. You can't." He takes your hands. "I know he's gone but. . . he didn't want to be. He loved you. He loved you so much."

You drop your head and cry. "I miss him so much."

"I know," He says. "I miss him, too." Hiro sits down beside you on the bed. He picks up Tadashi's hat that sits on his pillow. "Here."

You wipe your eyes. "You're. . . giving me this?"

"Yeah. You need a piece of him. To comfort you."

You hug Hiro. He presses his face against your shoulder. You hug him tighter when you hear him sniffle. "You're right," You whisper. "I can't hate him. I love him more than anything."

Hiro pulls away and nods. "I do, too."

You stand up. "I-If you need me, call me."

Hiro nods.

"And don't forget how important you were to Tadashi. He was so, so proud of you."

Hiro smiles sadly. "Yeah. And don't forget how important you were to him, either."

"I won't." You turn away and head down the stairs, hugging Aunt Cass on the way out. When you're in your car, you touch the stitching of the hat. "I love you, Tadashi. Forever."

And for just a moment, you swear you can feel him there beside you, just like before.

//If you are a fan of Harry Potter, check out jackfrost104's new set of one shots, Harry Potter Oneshot x Reader (Variety of Characters)!