(286): Pranks (Fred) (Part Two)

Part two~

(Unedited).

"Hey, ___!" You turn around when you hear your name. You're on your way to school. "Wait up!"

You see the bright green monster running towards you. You stop walking and smile. "Hey, Fred," you say, tucking a lock of your hair behind your ear. You weren't sure what you were to Fred. He liked you and you liked him, but the two of you had never gone on a date or kissed. He would occasionally invite you over to watch a movie or two, and you would sometimes hold his hand, but never near people.

"Hey," he says breathlessly. "I wanted to give you this." He hands you a thick piece of paper. "It's an invitation to my Halloween party for this Saturday."

"Oh," you say, "at your vacation house." You think back to the time you were pranked cruelly and frown. That was almost four months ago.

"Yeah," he states. "Look, I understand if you dont want to come because of what I did. And I want to apologize, again, for what I put you through. I'm really, really sorry."

"I know you are," you tell him. "I'll be there."

"It'll be a prank-free party," he promises. You nod. He waves and starts walking away. "I've got a game to get to. Later!"

You wave. When Fred is out of sight, you smile. You were definitely going to make this a pranking party.

-

"Hey, Hiro," you greet, knocking on the open lab door.

"Hey, ___," he says, hunched over his desk. "Need something?"

"Um, kind of, yeah," you tell him. You step inside of his lab and shut the door.

He looks up at you with concern. "Is something wrong?"

"No," you say, a smile forming on your face, "I just wanted to ask if you could give me a few pranking pointers? I'm not sure that I'm good at this, and I really need to get Freddie back."

"Yeah, totally! You came to the right guy, ___. Have a seat."

-

On the day of the prank, and the day of the Halloween party, Fred takes his backpack out to the family chopper. Heathecliffe carries it on board while Fred waves at his friends. It's almost sundown.

"Hey, guys! Just in time!" Fred looks at his group and frowns. "Where's ___?"

Go Go shrugs. "Decided not to come, I guess."

"But she promised me," Fred says.

"That's unlike ___, to just skip out on something," Honey Lemon says, looking over at Wasabi. He nods in agreement.

"Hiro? She's really close to you, do you know where she is?" Fred asks.

Hiro looks around the group nervously. "Uh. . . I'm not. . . sure?"

"Hiro," Honey Lemon says, "where is she?"

"I can't say anything," he tells everyone.

"This is serious, Hiro!" Fred says.

"Yeah, genius," Go Go pauses to hit the back of his head, "where is she?"

Hiro winces and rubs his head to numb the throbbing pain. "Ugh, she was going to pull a prank on you. I don't know why she isn't here. She was supposed to show up earlier than any of us and fill the helicopter with balloons and everything."

"You guys try to get a hold of her," Fred says, "I'm going to check out her apartment." Fred starts towards the sidewalk.

When he arrives at your apartment, he notices the door is partway open. He slowly pushes the door and steps inside. He turns around and sees the doorknob is broken. The lights are out and it's pretty dark outside, so he is walking around blindly.

"___?" He asks shakily, quietly stepping into your small bedroom. He sees your bag laying on your bed and your clothes and makeup are everywhere. Fred notices a pack of unopened balloons. He looks around the room again. "___? Are you here? Look, I get it if you don't want to come, but I'm worried about you." He takes a few steps towards the side of your bed and heads the carpet make a squishing sound underneath the pressure of his foot. He looks down and sees, in the faint light from the moon, the slick red pool. He gasps. Your window is shattered, your blankets stained with blood. He covers his mouth, trying to keep down his lunch. "I'm too late," he murmurs, pushing his beanie off of his head and nervously running his fingers through his hair.

"Gotcha!" You shout, leaping onto his back and throwing your arms around his neck.

Fred shouts, his hands flying up to the arms that are wrapped around him. "___?" He questions.

"Totally got you, Freddie!" You pull yourself off of Fred and stand in front of him, a triumphant smile on your face.

"W-Where were you?" He asks breathlessly, his hands on your shoulders.

"The closet," you say. You notice the look on his face and frown. "Freddie, what's wrong?"

"You scared me half to death, ___," he says, pulling you into a tight hug.

"That's the point of a prank, Fred," you say, rolling your eyes.

Fred pulls back. "No, you don't understand. I thought you were . . ." he swallows before continuing, "I love you, ___. I love you so much and I thought you were kidnapped or dead."

"You love me?" You ask.

"Yeah," he whispers softly, as if he just realized what he just said. "I do."

"I love you, too," You say. You throw you arms around him and kiss him. When you pull away, you push some of his hair out of his face. "I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't be," he says, a smile growing across his face. "It was an awesome payback. But you broke your window for it?"

You laugh. "No, some kid throw a ball at it earlier. I just got an idea and it was way better than the stupid balloons." You roll your eyes. "I thought Hiro was the king of pranking, but honestly, his ideas aren't the greatest."

Fred laughs. "Well you're definitely the queen of pranking."

You smirk. "Thanks, Freddie."

He holds his hand out to you. "Shall we go to the party, now?" He asks.

You take his hand and squeeze it gently. "We shall."