Savage vs. Slut, Asylums, Prisons, and Mental Health

I just need to fucking rant right now.

So in my history class today, we touched upon two different subjects. The first was about polygamy. We're talking about American history about the time of 1830s at the moment, and we were talking about the Mormon religion, and how people often associate their religion with the practice of polygamy. My history teacher said it was frowned upon then and now, and it is illegal now, but you can technically have multiple wives, or common wives. She related it to Charlie Sheen (or however you spell it idfk and idrc) and how a few years ago he had his 'goddesses' or whatever, which were basically threw girls who were living with him and he was having sex with all of them.

All of the boys in my class, of course, said 'oh damn, he's a savage, he's a savage', whatever, basically praising him for the amount of girls he had slept with.

What I couldn't help but think about was that stupid double standard. If it were found that any woman had multiple sex partners at a time, she would be shamed as a slut, not praised as a 'savage'. I fucking despise that double standard so much.

Just have sex with whoever you want. Why does it matter how many people you have sex with as long as you can protect yourself and be safe? GAH. I FUCKING JUST SIFKLGG.

Another thing we talked about was how back then, prisons and asylums for the mentally ill were basically the same thing. A person who has committed murder and someone who had had a mental breakdown could be sharing the exact same cell. Or, the government would pay people to house the mentally ill, but not tell them how to take care of the person. My history teacher said there were multiple accounts of people locking the mentally ill chained up in attics or in basements, generally mistreating them and then reaping the monetary reward from the government.

All I could think about was how horribly mentally ill people have been treated in the past. It's awful, and I just...

I don't even want to go into my English class oml.

I'm so pissed today. Plus being generally ridden with anxiety and depression and yay!!!1!!1!1!11!1!1!

Grey out. (boy)