“Thank you. I've got some help from the pro,” she said and made a gesture towards Harry that was sitting next to her. I became a bit surprised?

“Do you cook?” I asked him, and realized that was the first thing I said to him since I got here.

“Sometimes,” was all he said, still looking down into his plate. I guess that's the end of the discussion.

Another silence formed and I thought it was just as embarrassing as the previous one. Sophie was the one to break the silence this time.

“Amber, are you and Harry dating?” she asked. I stopped my movement and placed my fork back down on the plate. I looked at her. I could see in the corner of my eye how Harry froze as the question came.

“No, Sophie. We're not,” I forced a smile and hoped that she wouldn't see how uncomfortable it was.

“Oh. I thought you were his new girlfriend,” she said back as she continued to cut off pieces of meat on her plate. I looked at Harry, he looked very uncomfortable too. It looked like Elizabeth and Ben tried their hardest to come up with something else to talk about, and Simon didn't care about it.

“Really?” was all I said.

“Yes, Harry broke up with Jennifer yesterday and..”

“Sophie that's enough!” Harry shouted. Sophie looked a bit ashamed, like children in that young age does when they've done something bad, but then they move on as if nothing happened. And so did Sophie by start picking on her meat again. I didn't know hat to feel. My appetite disappeared and I had to force myself to finish my meal. We kept eating in silence.

“Let me help you with the dishes,” I said and walked up to Elizabeth as she stood next to the sink with foam up to her elbows.

“It's fine Amber I'll do it, you're our guest. Thanks for asking though.”

“Sure?”

“Yes dear.”

Harry walked up to us with the rest of the dishes and put it down on the counter.

“Do you need help mom?” he asked.

“Yes, can you take care of this for a moment, I have to go to the bathroom.”

“Yes, sure,” Harry said and grabbed the dish brush. Elizabeth gave me a wink as she passed me, and I knew that she actually didn't have to go to the bathroom, she was just giving me an opportunity to talk to Harry in private. I might as well use it, this chance won't come again. At least not today.

“I'm sorry,” I said as I looked at him as he stood there, with his hand in the hot water.

“For what?” he asked, without looking at me.

“For what happened between you and Jennifer. It's so sad, I thought you looked really cute together.” It was painful to say, but I did it anyway.

“Are you okay?” I asked. He didn't answer right away. He actually looked up and met my eyes as he answered.

“Yes. I guess I would feel worse if she was the one that broke up with me, and not the other way around.” He looked down again, while I looked, well, surprised.

“Did you broke up with her?”

“You sound surprised.”

“Yes. I thought you really liked her that's all,” I said and looked down at my shoes as I leaned against the counter.

“You thought right. I did like her. I actually thought that she was the one for a while, but then something happened and I started to doubt it.”

“What happened?” I wasn't surprised by the fact that he didn't answer that question right away. He dried his hand and turned around to face me.

“Well, I guess I fell in love with someone else.” I didn't know what to say. Every second of silence that passed after that felt like an hour.

“I do believe that you can fall in love with someone without knowing them. My favorite quote says:

“I'm falling for you eyes, but they don't know me yet”, and I felt like that the first time I saw her.” He smiled and looked down, biting his lip.

“Kiss me,” I said. He quickly looked back at me, letting a small laugh escape his lips.

“What?”

“No, it's the name of the song that the quote belongs too,” I said and blushed. Very much.

“You listen to Ed Sheeran?” he asked.

“Yes, his music is a big part of my life.”

“Well, then we have that in common,” he said and laughed that small smile again.

“I'll show you something,” he said and started to leave the kitchen. I followed him.

We ended up in his room. I looked around with curious eyes, I'd never been there before. He had a big bed that was placed in the corner of the room. A pretty big closet and a Tv next to the bookcase. Posters of rock bands on the wall, a writing desk with a laptop on it and a stereo next to the Tv. It was very nice in there, I wondered if he used to tidy up in here himself, or if Elizabeth did that.

“Here we have it!” he said and took up a paper from a drawer in the writing desk. He gave it to me. I knew right away what it was.

“Oh. My. God. You have his autograph? That's so cool.”

“Yep, I saw him at his latest tour. Amazing,” Harry said and smiled at me as I stood there, almost fangirling over Ed's signature!

“He's been holding this paper!” I shouted.

“Yes,” Harry laughed.

“You better take this back before I get even more crazy,” I laughed and gave it back to him.

As he putted it back in the drawer, I realized that we had stopped to talk about what happened between Harry and Jennifer. I couldn't let that go, I was to curious.

“So, you do believe in love at first sight?” I carefully asked.

“I do now.”

“Oh, I see.” I smiled, blushing a bit more. He turned around and looked at me.

“Do you?” I wasn't prepared for that.

“Well, I.... I don't know. Maybe,” I answered. It doesn't make any sense, I know.

He sat down on the edge of his bed, looking at me.

“Now that you're here, I guess I should say that I'm sorry,” he said.

“Sorry for what?” I asked as I leaned against his writing desk. I thought I knew what he was going to say, but I pretended like I didn't.

“For ruining our friendship. For just ignoring you, for not talking to you. I feel so bad about it Amber.”

“It's okay. Let's just forget about it,” I said.

“Well, I just wanted to let you know that I'm sorry.”

“I appreciate it, thank you.”

Another silence.

“But why? What happened between us?” I asked. He stood up and started to walk towards me.

“I just couldn't spend time with you, Amber. I just couldn't.” My heart started to race as he kept coming closer.

“Why not?”

“Don't you see what I've been trying to tell you?” He stopped, just a few inches from me. I guess he took my silence as a “no”. He gently placed his hands on my cheeks, just like he did that time in the library.

“I fell in love with you Amber, that's why.”      

Please Vote and Comment ;)