16: Almost Caught

THE NEXT DAY

Katherine's Pov

Sleeping in the woods with no soft bed with warm sheets to cover us wasnt the most comfortable thing at all but ironically I felt like I haven't sleep this well for a really long time. Ask me why? Who knew sleeping on the lap of the Volterra Prince would be so comforting and felt so secure?

Katherine you've gone mad.

I got up slowly lazily opening my eyes and saw a well sleeping Harry leaning his head to the bark of the tree next to us, I carefully removed his firm hand that was holding me the whole night without disturbing him because he was so peaceful, he looked so cute when he was asleep. Ok enough Katherine!

Maybe I could hunt for myself before he woke up and we'll continue walking towards Volterra. I was thirsty so let's go hunting. Man if I was at home right now, Mother would get me my favorite blood that was lynx and that too how much ever I wanted but yeah I wasnt home so.

If you were home right now, you would have become Queen Katherine of Moonland, wife of King Zayn, would you want that?

No!

Then stop whining and look on the other side.

Right, maybe I was just getting emotional of being so far from home, I had to think in the other way that I was finally for myself, I had to choose my future, I should be the one to choose who I will spend my entire life with, not Mother.

I finally caught the scent of a mountain lion so I ran full speed after it and jump at it as soon as I had the chance. I sucked the blood as if I didnt drink for ages, still making sure my dress wasnt stained with blood. Not just for me, but also didnt want to tempt Harry too much.

He feeds on humans you idiot! It wont do anything to him. By the way, why do you care?

Do I?

No no no I cant. Mother will never accept this. He's a red eyed.

Suddently I dropped the dead mountain lion on the ground as I felt another scent nearby, not animals, vampires, a lot of them..OMG whoever it was shouldn't find me. I had to run back to Harry, so I started running again but stopped as soon as I saw the familiar two flags that two knights were holding while riding their horses from far. One was a purple flag with a white crescent moon and the other was a pale green with a white tree. Shit!

Moonland and Vampiria!

That means an army was there to find me . No no no I couldnt go back! Before I could get caught I jumped high up in a huge and high tree to hide into the leaves in the branches. They came closer passing the tree I was hiding and I was getting more and more nervous, Harry said my scent/aura was so strong so what if they could sense it too? I was shocked to see the two persons leading this vast army.

"Zayn stop!"I knew this voice, too well. oh no Niall was here too! I missed him and wanted to hug him happily but I couldnt because they would take me home to marry King Zayn which I really didnt want. As soon as Niall spoke, everyone stopped and attention was on him but not for long.

"What is it Niall?"Zayn asked him. Since when did they become close? Niall I thought you were better than this bro!

"She's very close. Cant you feel her scent?"Niall asked as he was looking everywhere around. Oh oh of course Niall knew my scent too well, aww man first time I didnt want him to find me. Sorry Nialler!