Amy: Through Space and Time

Hello to you all my wonderful readers! I would like to wish you all a Happy (belated) Thanksgiving! I would just like to give a warning out first before you read this chapter. This chapter will be (as my friend Paris-Amour  calls it) an 'emotional rollercoaster' that may 'break your feelz'. Hey, I am trying to do character development (I do a really bad job at it but....) and this is what happens when I do that so..... But anyways, I would like to thank The_Fabulous_Poland  again for referencing this book in his book "Life at MAMP.... Lord Have Mercy" which just ended and I highly recommend reading if you haven't already. So, I hope you enjoy this chapter!
🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰🌌🕰
Amy's POV
"Dan, are you sure that this is safe?" I ask tentatively as we all take our respective spaces in the magic circle that Dan created
"Yes.... I think" Dan mumbles the last part
"Wait... you think so?!" I ask in a distressed voice
"Ok, the worst that can happen is we get trapped in a pocket dimension with no way out" Dan say in a tone that I think is supposed to be reassuring
"That sounds like fun!  Can we float in the pocket dimension thingy?!" Christina shouts as we all join hands
"How do you know that's the worst thing that can happen?!" I shout, totally ignoring Christina, "We could be forever frozen in time, or get our bodies blasted to bits, or wind up in some insane colorless dimension, or or" I start to hyperventilate and pull at my hair
"Slow down there" Piper says patting me on the shoulder
"There is too much risk!  Wouldn't it be safer if we just look for Rowan via Christina's flying magic?"
"But how do we even know she is even in this world?  She could be hidden in a pocket dimension or something.  And searching manually will take too much time, who knows what could happen to her during that time?" Piper tells me, "Right now, this is the best option"
I nod my head, I know that this is probably the fastest and most efficient way to find Rowan, but this is unstable magic we are dealing with.  We hardly know how to use stable magic.  I wish there was some sort of manual for this kind of thing, I always feel safer if there is a rule book or instructions to follow.

I look towards Dan, then I look at Piper and Christina, I let out a sigh.  If they think that this is safe then it must be.  I trust these people more than I have trusted anyone else in a very long time. I feel safe with them, despite our situation, and I feel more at home with them than I did in my house.
"What is wrong with you?!"
"Shut up!"
I shake the thoughts from my head. That was then, focus on now. "So, what do I have to do?"
"Just stand in your designated spot" Dan tells me and I walk over to the small 'X' that was in between Piper and Christina. We re-clasp hands and closed our eyes, focusing on our energy auras, just as Dan told us to do prior to this.  I feel a warmth surround me and a faint pressure on my back, as if there is something resting there now.  A blast of light flashes before by closed eyes and we are all thrown backwards, un clasping our hands.

I snap my eyes open.  When I do I find that I am laying, sprawled out on a cold, hard floor.  I sit up and I look around at my surroundings.  The infinite blue-black night sky surrounds me, laced with glowing stars, the 'floor' that I am on turns out to be the face of a stopped clock and at the edges of the clock there are many mirrors. Each mirror is a long, full-body, oval shaped mirror, each one has a different frame though.  One has a gold frame with a dragon carved from jade on top of it, another is half black and half white, on the white side there were crimson carvings of animals, one looked like a dragon and another looked like a fox, amongst many others.  There were countless frames and when I stood in front of each mirror a scene is shown.  For example, when I stood in front of the mirror that was silver with different colored orbs around the edge, a school is shown and in it's hallway a blonde-haired boy is fighting a girl clad in leather everything. I continue to look at the mirrors, until I get to a mirror that has a green and blue frame with spots of gray. I look into this mirror and my eyes start to become misty. Without thinking, I raise my hand and reach towards the mirror, when I touch it the surface ripples like water and sucks me in.

~FlashBack~
"GIVE ME CORRECT DIRECTIONS!!!!" My mom screams at my dad as they argue about how to get to the store
"What do you mean?!" My dad asks in a firm voice
"I don't know what 'Over there!' means!!!!!"
"Well what do you want me to say?!"
"GET OUT OF THE CAR!" My mom yells and she pulls over. I look at my two sisters, one 4 and the other 5. They look scared. My mom stops the car and my dad gets out, my mom pulls away and we drive for less than a mile before my mom pulls over again. My mom pulls back over again and we wait for my dad to get to where we are. "GET BACK IN THE CAR!!!!!" she screams at my dad. He gets back in and we continue our drive.

*Switch Flashback*

I am sitting in the dark, it's 11:30 at night and I am on my laptop. I hear a soft crying outside my door. I open the door to my bedroom and I see my 4 year old sister standing there.
"Why are you crying Willa?"
"I had a bad dream"
"Oh, come on, let's sit on my bed" I lead the little girl over to my bed and I cradle her in my arms, "What was the dream about?"
"A monster"
"Oh, well you can always come to me, mommy, and daddy ok?"
"Why does mommy and daddy yell so much?" she asks in a small voice
"Well, sometimes they just get angry sometimes because they are under a lot of stress ok?" I tell her
"Mommy and daddy are scary when they yell."
"Well, mommy and daddy and Amy love you a lot, ok? Just remember that."
"Ok Amy"

*Switch Flashback*

"What the heck is wrong with you?!" My mom shouts at me when I show her my test score
"I-I'm sorry" I say in a small voice as tears stream down my face
"Amy! You need to try harder!" my dad yells at me, "At least Latisha tries! You and Willa need to try harder!"
"Yes." I walk away to go get something and I see my little sisters peaking around the corner
"What's wrong Amy?" Latisha asks
"Nothing, just go get ready for bed, k?" I say with a forced smile on my tear streaked face
"Ok Amy" they say as they scurry off
"AMY! GET YOUR *SS OVER HERE!" my mom screams
"Why am I just a disappointment?" I ask myself in my head
~End of Flashback~

My mind snaps awake. I come back to my senses and I quickly draw my hand away from the mirror. I slowly back away from the mirror and my eyes become blurry with tears.
"Do I even want to go back?" I ask myself, "All that happens in that house is yelling, yelling, and more yelling. When all this is over, we will go back. And everyday will be the same again, I go to school, pretend to be smart, go home, listen to yelling, cry in bed, repeat, and repeat, and repeat!" I clutch my head and sob. I don't even know why I'm crying, I just cry, and I cry. I scream and shout, sobbing out every tear that I held back, screaming the screams that have been trapped for so long. I shout out every cry for help that I was forced to choke down, and the tears, they don't stop. I don't know for how long that I sat there but soon a soft voice is heard.
"Amy? Amy? Where are you?" I hear a voice shout. I lift my head and wipe my tears. I look at each mirror, "which mirror is that voice coming from?"
"Yo! Weird Amy!" I immediately recognize that these voices are from Dan, Piper, and Christina.
"Hey! Buzzki- ow! What was that for Piper?!" I track down the voices to a modern-type mirror that looks like it should be in a New-York art museum. I walk to the mirror and I see Christina, Piper, and Dan standing on a street shouting my name like crazy people.

I take a deep breath and I reach out to touch the mirror. I might be just a disappointment in that world, but in this world, I have to power to really make a difference in the lives of everyone in this world as well as my comrades. I will save Rowan. I will help these people. I will help and be of use to my comrades, my friends. I will conquer the darkness that lurks over this world and the one within myself, even if it takes traveling through space and time.

🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍🌙🐍
Another chapter done! I hope that you liked this chapter and will continue to read this book! This will be a quick mini-series of flashbacks for each of the characters again. I was originally going to make all the stories in this chapter but I really don't want to proof-read that whole thing. I am sorry if there are any spelling or grammar errors!😅  I hope to update soon.  Remember to vote and comment!  Till next time!
~Beijing_Aru 🇨🇳