Piper: Fishing

Piper's POV
So we set sail for a new adventure in this new world. We were given enough food that should last us until we get to the next town. But we don't know if we will be exactly greeted with open arms, we might have to camp out for a few days before our battle, so we decided to fish, just to be sure. So right now we set up some fishing poles that we were given as part of our supplies from the villagers and guards. So now Dan was impulsively hugging Christina while Rowan was swearing at him to get off her and Christina herself was calling him a 'weirdo'. This stopped a little while later when Amy smacked Dan upside the head with a wooden plank that was lying around. Dan then proceeded to lie on the ground crying and in a fetal position while Amy just rolled her eyes and went back to her fishing pole. "Ugh, not even one day has passed yet. How are we supposed to deal with each other on this small boat for a week!?" I think to myself as I look back at my fishing pole. Suddenly my line begins to tug a little, in one swift motion I whip the pole back and reel the line to find a decent sized tuna on the line. All the other lines begin to tug as well and Christina and Amy pull their lines back with no problems at all. Rowan and Dan are a different story. We first see Rowan struggling with her line since she placed her's closer to the group while Dan basically put his on the other side of the boat. Amy, Christina, and I quickly rushed over to her and helped her reel it in, though I only think one of us needed to help since with all of our combined strength, we all tumbled backwards and almost over the side of the boat.
"We should put that railing back before someone actually falls over board" Amy comments as she goes over to the place where we put the screw-in railing so she could screw it back into place. Though after she heads off we here something.
"HELP!!!!!!" Christina, Rowan, and I hear coming from the left side of the boat. The both of us rush over to that side of the boat to find Dan trying to tread water in the ocean! "HELP!!!!!! I CAN ONLY SORT-OF SWIM!!!!!" Dan shouts again, spitting out water now.
"Christina! Lower the anchor, if we have any, if we don't get a heavy object that is heavy enough to hold the boat down but not make it capsize. Then get Amy!" I shout to her as she nods and runs off.
"HELP!!!!! I AM SINKING!!!!!" Dan sputters out
"Dude! We just left shore it shouldn't be all that deep!" I tell him.
"Well I'm short ok! I can't touch the bottom!" He sputters back. "I am shorter than you" I think to myself as I start to pace. Just then Amy and Christina come running towards us.
"Oh my god! What did you do?!" Amy shouts
"I didn't do anything!" I shout to her
"I wasn't talking to you! Of course you didn't you were by us the entire time! I'm talking to the genius who is paddling in water that is only 6 inches deeper than his height!" Amy yells back which causes all of us to stare at her, "what?" she asks
"How did you know it is only 6 inches deeper than his height?" I ask, half skeptical and half impressed
"You can tell by the color of the water," she answers, "If it really was all that deep then there wouldn't be splotches of tan surrounding him, that's sand" She continues, "But the water is a considerable blue/green in the undisturbed areas so it can't be all that shallow, plus he shouted he couldn't touch the bottom. 6 inches is just a estimate but it must be pretty close" she finishes while the rest of us just stare at her, surprised that she knew this information, before we all look at Dan who was still paddling, just not as hard.
"So you weren't in any real danger after all!" I shout at him, a bit angry but more amused at his antics, knowing that he is (and never was) in any danger.
"Well how was I supposed to know!" Dan says as he continues to paddle.
"Weirdo, why don't you just bob up and down, it's less energy consuming" Christina tells him
"Then my hair will get wet!" Dan whines back which cause all of us to groan.
"Even I would do that!" Rowan says and flips her hair
"Hate to interrupt but he is still in the ocean" I say with no real rush in my voice, I mean come on, THE WATER IS ONLY 6 INCHES DEEPER THAN HIS HEIGHT!
"Oh yeah, I'll get a rope, sit tight" Amy says and hurries off to get the rope. She gets back rather quickly and then we all throw the rope to him.
"Your, clothes are wet, if you continue to sit in them you will catch a cold, or possibly hypothermia." Amy says after we get him back on the boat, "I'll see if we have any extra clothes and towels in the supplies" Amy says before she goes off to go look for towels and extra clothing.
"I'll go raise our makeshift anchor, I just tied my new pet rock to some rope" Christina says while Rowan and I groan. Christina's new pet rock is a small boulder she found when we were looking for supplies we might need in the castle, it was apparently going to be used for the rock pathway of the village but it was too big so it just ended up in storage.
"Well at you found a use for that freaking rock" Rowan mumbles as Christina runs off to rise the 'anchor'
"I'm back and I found a whole bunch of clothing that Rowan gathered, by the way, Rowan when I told you to get an extra change of clothes for everyone I only meant one of each item, not 10!" Amy says carrying a rather large box of clothing.
"Well you should've gave better instructions then!" Rowan snaps while Amy just rolls her eyes. Dan picked out a green collared shirt that looked basically the same as the one he normally wears and a pair of jeans. Amy ties a rope from the mast to the railing with a blanket she found over it so he could have privacy and then hangs up his clothes to dry with the extra rope.
"Thanks!" Dan calls out from behind the makeshift curtain while the rest of us sit on the other side of the boat watching the sunset.
"No Problem! Just no more falling over board!" Amy calls back.
"Oh shut up!" Dan calls back in a playful tone. "I'm never gonna hear the end of this am I?" Dan asks
"Nope!" I answer which causes everyone to laugh, "Maybe this won't be so bad after all" I think to myself with a smile and watch as the sun starts to set.