Falling In Love With My Enemy's Brother (Chapter Three)

Start from the beginning

His hair was covered in leaves, which made me wonder if he crawled through the hedges that separated our houses, and best of all his bright eyes sparkling with delight.

He was so handsome... so mysterious...

NO! I couldn't think like that! This was Matt Blac, the son of my family's enemy! I couldn't think all those things... but I did.

I thought all those things, and knew that the girls at my school were wrong. There was no way Danny was hotter than Matt. That was bull.

Because though Danny might be party-hottie-greek-god-and-what-not in the sunlight, in the moonlight he was not beautiful. He was ugly. The moonlight was too pure and sweet to match up with all the dirty and cruel things I knew my brother held inside of him.

But when the moonlight shone on Matt, he was not a demon, nor was he a Greek god, he was angel. The loveliest of them all.

Though even though I thought all this, I refused to show it. Instead I smoothed my face from a look of wonder, to a look calm, and said, "No the rock didn't hit me."

"Good." He said, and the kindness in his tone spread warmth throughout my body, I felt my mask of calm slip for a moment, before it went back into its rightful place.

"What do you want Skater Boy?" I asked, and Matt's smile didn't falter. If anything, it grew bigger.

"Will you talk with me?"

I looked at him like he was nuts. Nothing in this world could ever make me want to talk to my family's enemy.

"I have food." Matt told me raising a plastic bag that read McDonalds above his head, and instantly my stomach growled. Maybe there was something in this world that could make me talk to him.

NO! NO, NO, NO! Even if the boy has food I cannot talk to him! I bit my lip, as the smell of the food wafted up, and my stomach growled again. I can't... I can't...

"I'm not hungry." I said, forcing the words out of my lips, while my stomach screamed out in protest.

'Yes you are!' It told me.

'No I'm not!' I told it back.

'Yes.'

'No.'

'Yes!'

'No!'

It growled again, and I glared at it before realizing that I was seriously having an argument with my STOMACH.

I looked down, only to find that Matt hadn't left yet.

"I'm not hungry Skater Boy!" I said as my stomach growled again.

Matt raised an eyebrow, "Your stomach says other wise, LMR."

I cursed, and looked down at him. "Fine. So I'm hungry. Sue me."

"Please just come down here! I just wanna talk and like I said I have food, and you're hungry." He pleaded with me.

I crossed my arms, "How do you expect me to get down? I can't use the stairs."

He smiled, hope lighting up his gorgeous blue eyes, and I felt myself give a small gasp, before for pressing my mouth into a thin line.

"Use the vine." He called up softly.

Vine? I leaned farther out my window and saw it. A vine of ivy that has swiftly crawled up the side of my house.

No. Oh hell no. "No way!" I called down, "I'll fall!" Sorry stomach, you'll just have to wait. I will NOT die for the sake of food.