Chapter 37- Got You

Start from the beginning

“Second thoughts?” Katy asked quietly.

I looked up at her as her eyes stared into mine, searching for an answer. I gave a confident shake of my head. I was one hundred percent sure this was what I wanted, and I was so excited about it yesterday.

“You can talk to me you know,”

I smiled back at her, “I know that,”

Katy reached across the table that separated us and placed her warm hand on top of mine. I looked down at our hands.

“Then what was that before? You were in your own little world for a good ten minutes.”

Communication. Like I had said before, that was one thing me and Katy lacked sometimes. I wasn’t going to hide my worries or doubts with her...

“What if-uh, well, what if when we tell the world...things get bad,” The last three words came out as almost a whisper.

I could see her thinking, “Bad? How do you mean?”

“The press, the fans, the questions...then the answers. I mean, what do we give them? How much do we want them to know? They’re going to want their headlines Katy, and you know that they will go to all extremes to get them. I’m technically still a kid right? I’m not going to be able to fight off thirty huge men with cameras,” I babbled, it all came out so quickly.

“Listen to me, you’re over-thinking this far too much,” She let out a slight giggle. “For starters, do you really think I’ll let you deal with the paparazzi on your own?”

I got down off my chair and opened the fridge, looking for something appealing to eat. “You can’t be there all the time,”

I saw Katy appear from other side of me, shutting the fridge door and leaning back against it so I couldn’t reopen it. I think this was her way of telling me she wanted my full attention at the minute. That was probably the best thing since we were talking about something that was going to change the rest of our lives.

“I might not be able to, no, but you’ll have security like I do.”

I opened my mouth to talk, but Katy got there first. “And when we get asked questions, we tell them as much or as little as you want- I’m not going to force you into anything. The press will be difficult, but Sammie, just think about it for a minute...this time six months ago you were laid in a hospital bed fighting for your life. The doctors told us to prepare for the worst and somehow the next day you woke up wearing the same smile you always do, because you’re strong. They told you that you were lucky to be alive. Now, if you’ve managed to get yourself through that, then I’m pretty sure dealing with the press will be fine.”

Katy did have a point. A very good point actually. Each word made such perfect sense and I really did feel so much better. I broke into a huge grin and nodded my head, pushing Katy out of the way of the fridge door and reopening it.

“I don’t know what I’d do without you sometimes,” I admitted.

“Momma’s always right darlin’, you know it’s true,” she said with a flick of her hair.

I gave her a sarcastic huff, “Oh please, I wouldn’t give you the satisfaction.”

                                      ***

Now that I had sorted all my worries out with Katy, I was actually quite excited for her to tell everyone. I don’t know how she was planning on doing it, but she’d figure something out. No. We’d figure something out, because we’re a team.