Coffee With a Smile- Steve

Sitting alone at the small table, you quietly sipped your coffee. Rays of sunlight touching your skin, wrapping you in perfect warmth. A light breeze brushes a strand of your hair out of place. You sigh, stood up again...

You've been waiting for nearly 30 minutes when Chris had called and canceling your morning coffee, again. You really liked this guy and thought he liked you too. Maybe you're just wrong, again.

Pathetic huh? Still sitting here with your now not so hot coffee as if he'll show up any minute and profess his undying love to you and apologize for all those nights you had a date alone. That brings a smile to your face but only turns into a frown when you realize you're giving yourself false hope again. That won't happen. It never does.

You slide open the screen on your phone and send Chris a message:

Wednesday at 11:30? I won't be busy and we can get coffee and idk maybe see a movie later that night?

Your phone vibrates and you open up the screen hoping its a message from Chris that says he's coming. But its not...

Sorry but I have a meeting that day. I'm swamped...I just don't think this is going to work out...I'm sorry I meant to tell you today.

You froze and stared at the message. Did he just break up with you? With a text? What a douche.

You slammed your phone back onto the table. You're so angry and shocked that you just sit there. It was after two minutes that you realized you didn't like Chris. He never was there for you. He was selfish.

...But you're still hurt. You two have been dating for three months. You actually thought he might've been the one. You frown and blink away tears threatening to spill.

Grrr I'm so confused! I can't cry here...why do I care about this? He's a douche! Girl hormones suck!

You took another shaky sip of coffee and as you set it down you saw a rather attractive male staring back at you in concern.

He had hard masculine features yet his face still seemed kind and sort of childish or innocent. Clear blue-green eyes studied you as if he knew what had just happened.

You suddenly got really nervous under his stare and smiled. Then he smiled. It was gorgeous. Then it became some sort of game. You looked down and blushed and then shot a glance at him and smiled. He leaned back a little and grinned. You laughed and looked away and he laughed two and looked down at the little book he had at his table and then looked up with his eyes smiling.

You looked away, you were blushing really bad. Who was this guy? And why was this the happiest you felt since you started dating Chris? You need to know his name.

You looked up to him again but saw he was gone. All was left was a piece of paper on the table. You looked around you but saw he was most defiantly gone and that no one was looking at you so you got up and snatched the paper from his table.

After you walked a bit of ways you opened up the crumpled paper and saw a little note scrawled next to a beautifully sketched tree with sunlight streaming through the leaves:

Sorry I got called out to an emergency but I would love to actually talk to you over a cup of coffee tomorrow.

With a ridiculous grin spreading across your face you hugged the little piece of paper close. Looks like you had something to finally smile about...

♥♥♥

The day you got that note was the day you captured his heart...

___

The day you two met...how adorable. Short but sweet, right?

Hope you loved it!

...You can always use imagination to think of what happened that next day ;)

WRITE (more like imagine) YOUR OWN FATE!

Haha got a bit carried away...hope you had an AWESOME Thanksgiving!

- Hannah Banana