Chapter 24 - I'm dead.

Start from the beginning

Instead of answering him, I addressed him a question of my own.

"How do you know that Zach invited me to a date?"

His answer came pretty fast. I thought that he would put up a fight saying that he asked something first. No such a thing as that. It scared me.

"I was passing by, and heard you talk with him by mistake."

I nod my head, biting my lip in thought.

Should I lie to him that I said yes or not?

Should I tell him the truth or not?

Should I say that this is not his business or not?

Should I or should I not?

Hmm...hard questions, hard answers.

I guess a little lie won't hurt, right?

"I said yes."

His eyes were boring into mine, searching. I pursed my lips and restrained myself from fidgeting with my fingers.

Wait, my other hand's wrist is still in his hand.

I glanced towards it and my heartbeat quickened its pace. Oh God...

"You're lying," His voice made me snap my eyes to his own one. He seemed to see what I was glancing at, and dropped the hold on my wrist. Instead, he put his hands in his jean pockets.

My arms were just staying limp at my side. I was biting the inside of my cheek to restrain myself to say the truth.

"I'm not lying," I shrugged, trying to seem unfazed by the serious look he was giving.

"I heard you say that you're going to think about it."

So he did hear all the conversation me and Zach had.

I crossed my arms over my chest, and gave him a nasty look.

"Then why did you even ask me what did I say to him in the first place?"

He shrugged. "I wanted to know what you'll say."

He pushed himself off of the wall, and came very close to me. I stood my grounds. I didn't even move a muscle. I wanted to show him that I was strong, even if my poor heart was beating with two hundred beats per minute. Haha, just kidding...actually, not...

His hot breath fanned against my ear, making me almost shiver from how good it felt.

"Your game won't hold too much, be sure of that. Games are supposed to be played, and I really like games. Remember that."

With that, he left me standing dumbfounded ,in the middle of the stairs.

Game?

What game?

I went downstairs with a frown on my face. So ridiculous. I've left with a smile and I'm coming with a frown.

I stopped immediately as I entered the living room.