Chapter 35

I looked up at the stairs that we decided to climb. It was a flat surface that looked like a slide. I went climbing it up with Prince Rye.

A lot of shadows were following us crowding the way but I ignored it to focus on my path.

Prince Rye made the atmosphere calm for us because of his presence while he was walking ahead of me to lead the way. So far, I have nothing to worry about because everything was yet fine.

I cleared my throat and asked Prince Rye a question.

" What is this place.. who made it? "

He turned his head back and smiled at me.

" His Majesty made this. " he answered awed.

I furrowed my eyebrows and give him a confused looked. " Is there any particular reason as to why he made this? " I pushed. I want to know about this place, it looks a mystery for me.

" Listen then carefully, I will tell you why. " he said and I nod.

" His Majesty was kind-hearted and all. " he started and continued, " He wants to protects us here and we admired him for that. He was known for being fair. For him, justice is for everyone though he was feared by others. Having the knowledge that he was certainly a pureblood Demon of such Royalty, we obeyed and honor him for his greatness. "

I take note of his actions as he spoke. Every time his Highness was being mentioned, I observed from his eyes and found out that he was fond of his Highness who I learned was a nobleman based on his descriptions.

I wonder what am I really doing here. What are the odds as to why I even agreed meeting his Highness. What good does it do to me and to my people.

I was now curious about Rye's King. It seemed that his King was praised and loved by the people's souls but how come he was a Dark. I really want know the reason behind all of it.

" So your telling me that he wanted to see me? " I arched my brows up not understanding the reason why that doesn't even make sense.

We continued climbing up while talking to each other as the black magic from the stairs continued to do its wonder making the stairs more of an illusion because of its exceeding length as time passes by. I thought we could never stop climbing if that's even possible.

" Why is the King this persistent to see me in the first place? " I asked confused when I got no reply from Prince Rye until he answered my question.

" He ought to see you because he felt you. He sent me to bring you here before you were crown as your Kingdoms Majesty. What you and your blood possessed remind him of what he had lost a long time ago. I can't really tell his real reason why though. " he said but there's something more behind it that he want to say but decide against it.

He said his Majesty had lost something. What is it his Highness had lost then?

" What do you mean he had lost? " I asked further to gain some more information.

He pursed his lips having second thoughts if he would tell me or not. He closed his eyes and looked up the foggy ceiling.

" This is not for me to say but to give you a background, the flow of blood running in your veins were similar to his very own blood. Another one is your looks and the powerful aura you possessed reminds him of everything good in his life before he turned like what he was now. "

He turned left and so do I.  We've been walking for while and there is no denying that it was plain exhausting.

I set aside my tiredness and continued asking Rye.

" I still don't get it, what I have got to do with all of that? Are you implying that were somewhat related. "

He shook his head indicating that it was not like that. He whispered something to his demon spirit and the lights went off.

" My Majesty had lost his everything because of a silly broken vow. He thought his decision of opposing the heavens was right but the heavens showed him that he was wrong. He defied the highest form of spirit and he was punished in return. "

That was unexpected. My mouth fell ajar and decided to scan the area and saw no one besides of us. The wallpaper was dull and lifeless.

" This Palace is very much gloomy and lonely. Where are the people? " I asked.

This place is full of darkness. I can't even imagine a glimpse of light in here. What kind of person is this Kingdoms' Majesty to put such security to built this kind of place. Its cold like the winter here.

" There's no living humans nor animals in this place. This was a haven for the souls taken away that was now lost. His Majesty took care of those who seek for vengeance, He don't want those souls to experience what he had suffer when he sought for vengeance himself and gained nothing in return. "

" So that why those souls were reaching up to me. Now I understand. " I muttered realizing what were those souls outside wants to get from me. They're seeking for attention and they want to get it from me.

" If you don't mind, may I know how long have you been here now. " he said all of a sudden then looked at me with a glint of his eyes and added, " To tell you honestly, you have gained my soul, I have my affection focus on you the moment I felt your spirit. Its rarely for a Prince to had strong attraction towards a pureblood but yours is different, your soul is a 'wonderer', it reached for everything near touching distance. " he confessed.

I stop on my tracks and was suddenly glued to the floor. He like me? I assess him and I found nothing.

" I-I... ah... I don't know what to say to that... " I said and lowered my gazed. This was uncalled for.

I heard him sigh and pressed something from the wall beside him.

" Forget I said that. I'll leave you here. Just pushed this wall to get in, I have matters to do outside. "

" Thank you. "

He smiled faintly and nod. I feel sorry for him. I can't entertain his feelings though I would not deny that I myself is somewhat attracted to him too. He kiss my forehead unexpectedly that caught me off guard. He let go and bid his goodbye then left me dumbfounded.

I touch my forehead where his lips were awhile ago. Weird.

I snapped out of it and forget that it even happened. Shenrin's gonna kill for this.

I turned my gazed on the wall in front of me and breath in. Pushing it with light force using my hand, it creaks open. I walked passed the wall and entered. A lukewarm wind blows my hair and somewhat I felt warm. The smell of the room is somehow familiar to me. It almost felt like home. Home. The word itself is strange for me.

At the farthest corner of the room, I saw a figure of a man. His back was turned at me because he was facing a golden piano.

He was tall and a father figure. His hair is ashen matching his paled skin. As I watched him, I can't help myself to longed for a father.

A tear escaped from my eye but I wipe it away feeling silly about it. This guy is making me emotional.

I summoned all the strength in me and walked near him as he keeps running his fingers lovingly at the piano. He seems busy so I decided to disturb and startled him. I cleared my throat to announced my arrival.

" I heard you wanted to see me. "

He stopped abruptly and turned his head towards me. The moment he saw me, a single tear came across his eyes. His eyes stared at mine and right then, we stared at each other. His whole body froze and tensed like mine. It seems that I'm looking at the man version of myself.

Then he said those words that made me remember one of my childhood days.

" F-Freya. "