He smiled slightly. Then nodded.

I waited by the Fountain as I watched Norman ask a few of the maids that were working the courtyard this morning if they happened to see or hear from Beth. I didn't go with him for two simple reasons. First, he knew everyone that knew and worked with Beth by name, Second and most importantly, I was starting to realize that I was hated by pretty much everyone in the kingdom and no one would feel inclined in helping me in anyway when they didn't really have to. This brought a off feeling over me. I didn't want to be hated.

He talked to many people before he made his way back only to be looking even more disappointed then before.

"Let me guess, no one has seen nor heard of her since you last did?" I asked.

He gave me a worried looked before he remembered to stay Focused and clear his head to only think in Rational thought.

"Unfortunately you're right" he said simply. He then looked around at the large Crowd of people going about there day. "No one here knows anything. I think it's time to have a little chat with the person who took Beth's place as Cora's maid. James must know something about her disappearance."

I agreed with him and we both made our way to the stables. The walk was short or maybe I was so lost in thought I didn't even notice that we were at the door to the stables already. Right before I could open the door a mass of red hair bumped right into me. As the person pushed off of me I noticed it to be a very beautiful red headed woman. Ruby

"Oh you clumsy fool" she huffed before her eyes met mine "oh your majesty I'm so sorry, please forgive me." She said as she bowed her head in shame but something in her expression showed she was not the lest bit sorry.

Normans eyes lit up in concern for his cousin ruby

I let of a large breath that I would have usually used to tell someone who talked to me that way that they are a waste of good air. Instead I just smiled down at her. I could feel Normans eyes on both me and ruby. We didn't have time for this right now.

"It's alright ruby" I said.

She looked at me very oddly as if taken back by my kindness. It was the same look I had received from beth days ago after catching her off guard with a 'thank you'. .

"I ahhh" she said looking around not really sure what to say. "Thanks" she finished awkwardly before she smiled and made her way over to norman to say a few words before making her way into the Castle.

I made my way back to Norman, who wore a not very well hided smile.  I rolled my eyes at him.

"Not one word" I told him not wanting to make a deal of it.

He put his hands up in a gesture of surrender, but then smiled anyway. I shoved past him into the stables to find James putting back a broom on the rack.

"Good morning Your majesty" he said then nodded at norman in greeting. 

"Hello James" I said hiding my anger towards him for his little outburst yesterday.

"If your going to take me to the dungeons then please just do so." He said as he approached with his arms crossed, showing no signs of fear. His cockiness made me want to do exactly that. I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from calling him every bad name in the Dictionary, then throwing him in with the rats.

I ignored his previous statement. "Have you seen Beth?" I asked.

Something flashed in his eyes that told me he knew something that we didn't.

Norman cut in. "I haven't seen her in four days James! You even took her place as Cora's maid, You have to know something?

James just looked down and shook his head. "I'm sorry, I haven't seen her since the king asked me to take her place."

"Why would the king give you the job anyway?" I asked Suspiciously. "Surly there are far many more maidens that would be more qualified for the job? After all you take care of horses for a living. I spat

He huffed. "I'm far more 'Qualified' to look after Cora then you'll ever be."

Anger bubbled up inside of me like I'd never felt before. I raised up my fist to connect it with his face, but to my surprise Norman caught it in midair with ease. He shook his head at me in a 'he's not worth it' sign, then let go of my fist to let me decide, I dropped it back to my side.

"Watch your tong, and remember your place stable boy" I hissed.

"Watch my tong? I don't need to watch anything!! You've known Cora a month? Try your whole life! That woman is like a sister to me and I'll die before she has to suffer the rest of her life with you." He said pointing me up and down in Disgust.

I stepped closer to him, anger now surging uncontrollably. "And what's so bad about ending up with me?" I asked. "Look at you!" I spat. "Your nothing but un overprotective childhood friend who's only one step above being a bum on the streets!"

"At lest the bums on the streets have more heart then you do! Your a disgrace to your father! Being royal does not give one the right to disrespect others! My family was nothing like you before the king ruined us!! He yelled.

The atmosphere in the entire room shifted. James face changed from anger into helplessness as he realized what he had let slip. All the rage in that moment from what he had said faded away as a new question scratched at my Brian.

"What do you mean by the king ruined you? " I asked in suspicion.

"Nothing, just forget about it" he said avoiding eye contact.

I called out to norman who was a few steps behind me, no doubt locked into every word.

"Go close and lock and the all doors to the stables. James is not leaving this room until he doesn't tell us everything.

~~~~~~

New chapter twice as long as normal ones! Hope you like it! Please vote and comment!