Man in the Moon Dirk x Reader

'I am a lost boy, from never land..'
|

|

   I stared up at the moon, tears streaming down my cheeks. Praying for some one to come and love, or at lest show me any attention! I can't live a life of neglect.

  I've tried everything, I think it's obvious I'm not wanted here...

|

|

"Peter Pan, that's what they call me! A promise you will never be lonely"
|

|

  I looked down at the unforgiving city, glancing up every once and a while. Was that a shadow?..

  I shook my head and wiped away my tears, but jolted in fear when a yelp/scream was heard. A loud bang following close by, somewhere in my room.

  I walked in my room cautiously, my fingers fumbling to grab a pocket knife in the breast pocket, of my night gown.

  Soft grunts and shuffles was heard "wh-who's that!?" I looked down at the shadow of a human looking thing, their eyes opened, showing beautiful sunset eyes (do to the glasses falling askew from the fall).

  "Huh? Oh, right" his voice was rough and deep. He fixed his glasses then lifted himself up, stepping into the light. My heart jumped, he was... Good looking.

  "Dirk, Dirk Strider, that's what they call me.. Your (y/n) right?"

|

|

  "Run, run lost boy, away from reality"

|

|

  I put my knife away and stared, I don't understand "y-yes? But w-why are you h-here?" He moved closer, a smile adoring his lips "so we can run, it's why you made that wish, correct? You wish to disappear and have a true home." The way he said it.. He said it like he loved those lines, or said it often..

  I moved back and he only moved closer, reaching for my cheek, tenderly stroking it "come, you wanted to run away, no? This is your chance... Run away with me."

   My heart quickened and I nodded softly, making his smile widen. He grabbed my hand and ran for the railing, jumping On top of it skillfully. Oh god, he's going to jump! "HEY WAIT! Don!-"

|

|

   "He sprinkled me in pixy dust, and told me to believe. Believe in him and believe in me.

  Together we will fly away in a cloud of glee, to your beautiful destiny"

|

|

  "Trust me (y/n) (l/n)" he smiled and helped me on the railing "ready?" "No!"
He chuckled softly, keeping hold of my hand he took a few steps, he was walking!? And not falling!?  "You coming? Just take a step. Promise I won't let you fall."

  His spiked blond hair gently swayed in the wind, his orange eyes showing, because of the moon lighting his shades slightly.

  I nodded and closed my eyes, taking a few steps. Oddly... I trust h- Dirk. I trust Dirk.

  Flying? I was flying!? I looked up at Dirk, he just smiled and shrugged "are you an angel?" He chuckled softly shaking his head "come, (y/n)" "where are we going?" His eyes softened and he brought me close to him "never land."

  My cheeks flushed, and he kissed my head "I've been waiting a long Time to bring you to the boys."

  I rose a brow and he smirked "I'll show you when we get there."

|

|

  "Soon enough we reached never land, peacefully, my feet hit the sand."

|

|

  The sand squished against my feet, as 5 boys ran towards us "Dirk!" "Bro!"

  Dirk laughed as the boys tackled us, it was so peaceful here... Everyone seemed care free..

  "(Y/n) this is Jake, John, my brother Dave, Karkat, and Tavros."

  The boys got up, the two with nerdy broken glasses soluting and the others waving shyly.

  As the boys played, Dirk whispered to me "(y/n) this might sound strange but... I love you, and I heard all the things you'd say to the moon... Please, help me and be these boys mother."

  I placed my hand on his, nodding softly "of course."

|

|

"NeverLand I love you so, you are now my home sweet home.

  Forever a lost boy I'll be."