Chapter 50: Guaduation Day

Quick survey Question: Have you read Grier Twin (Matt fanfic) and Unexpected (Sam Wilk & Kenny Holland fanfic) or both? ~Sam

Awake ~50

~Last chapter~

Claire Johnson

The week at Lee went by so fast. We were all having a great time. Shawn, Nash, Hayes, Brent, Cam, Anna, Grace, Kayleigh and I hung out a lot from hiking to having a relaxing day at the pool. Hanging out with everyone was fun and going on adventures was what I liked the most about the trip.

What was strange about the trip was how we didn't argue or get into any sort of argument. I talked to Cam a little here and there, but I still don't feel comfortable around him like I used to. It's a slow progress, but maybe we will get there. Lets hope. I'm pretty sure Jack and my cousin are beyond mad about him coming along on this trip. It really wasn't that bad.

As for Taylor... I still don't like him and will most likely never forgive him. He ruined it and he doesn't apologize for anything. I'm pretty sure I want nothing to do with him and hope I never have to deal with him ever. At this point, I've lost all contact with him. I've blocked him in every way that I can.

"To our valedictorian, Claire Johnson," our principal says turning to me. The whole arena where our ceremony currently takes place, erupts into applause. I stand with my flashcards and my phone in hand walking over to the lectern the Principle is standing by. I walk up to her nervously shaking hands. We turn a little as pictures are being taken.

The principle sits down in a seat and I turn to the lectern placing my cards there and facing the crowd. I look over to to my friends in my graduating class. Kayleigh, Grace and Anna are all giving me a warm and happy smile. They are also dressed in their black cap and gowns.

I look up to my friends and family and they are all smiling at me. Some of them giving me a thumbs up. The boys; Jack, Jack, Cam, Nash, Sam, Hayes, Brent and Sam are all here sitting in a row looking at me with a smile. I can see my Aunt Jen in tears and I give them a smile. Shawn shapes his hands in a heart and mouths 'I love you'. I smile looking down then back up to my fellow classmates.

"Class of 2015, we all made it to our graduation day," I smile nervously and I hear a little laughter come from everyone and a holler from one of the guys. "We made it and the day has finally come. We've been through our thickest and thin throughout the years. I remember entering high school as a freshman and you guys were sophomores. I remember the prank you guys pulled that year or instead of senior skip day, you guys had a sophomore skip day."

The whole class erupts in little laughter and I see a few high fives as I look down at my notes quickly before looking back up.

"We are the class who stood out than any other. We brought home state titles to being the most creative class since the class of 97. We all survived the crazy junior year of taking our SAT's, prom, late night cramming and getting through the college process. We all got passed it and now we are about to move on to the next chapter of our lives. It's crazy how we've all grown up and after being together for all these years, we're going our separate ways. Whether it's off to college next semester, taking a year off, traveling the world or going off into the military. We are unique and different and will experience new things. We will be facing new challenges in life and experience more and better things. The career paths that we have chosen, will lead us into our future."

I see nodding as I continue on.

"Just thinking of back when we were younger, we always had our parents to help us and guide us through school and now we're ready to move on. Each and one of our parents, friends and family meme era are proud of us," I half smile thinking of my parents. "They may not be ready for us to leave them quite yet, but we are ready to take on what the world has to give us. We're not little kids anymore, but young adults."

I realize my eyes are watery a little and I wipe my eyes quickly. I should have brought tissues. I see my classmates giving me a warming and reassuring smile.

"I was given a second chance. We've all been given chances in life. Mine was another chance at life. I may have ended up in the hospital and been in a coma for almost a month, but I woke up and here I am today. Not a day do I not think about my parents. I miss them. I may have had my ups and downs with them, but they believed in what I did. I wish they were here today to see me today receiving my diploma, but I know they are watching with pride. Never take your life for granted, because you never know what can happen. Live everyday like an adventure."

I look over to Anna and she makes a heart with her hand.

"I want to say that we will forever be the roaring tigers of the class of 2015. No matter what, no one can take the Tiger in us. We are NC and forever a tiger. Congrats class 2015!" I finish and everyone roars into applause once again as I walk off the stage. I get congratulated on the speech as I walk to my seat and I am patted on the back by some of the guys. We get ready to receive our diplomas.

~Thirty minutes later~

"Everyone take your tassel and put them from right to left please," the principle says into the mic. I hear a swift movement and I feel the excitement building inside me. I can feel the rush of energy from everyone. "Congratulation graduates class of 2015!" I take my cap and toss it into the air like everyone does and I catch mine as I go deaf from the applause and excitement.

I spot Grace and she comes over to hug me and we both scream with the biggest smiles on our faces.

"We did it!" She yells over the crowd.

"Yes we did!" I respond back. We find Anna and Kayleigh close by and we all huddle into a group hug. They tell me congratulations and we all laugh and smile when a group comes up to us. I see Carla, Rachel, and Ariana who comes up to me.

"That was an amazing speech," Rachel says to me with a small smile.

"Thanks..." I say not sure if they were going to say anything rude.

"You did great up there," Ariana says.

"Thank you."

"I hope you have a great summer and sorry for giving you a hard time these past few years," Carla says. I half smile not sure what to say. I nod a little as they turn and walk away.

"Claire!" I turn around to see Shawn and everyone. I spot Jack Gilinsky with the biggest smile. Sam has the camera ready and I run over to him and I start to take pictures with everyone. I get congratulated by everyone and hugged by everyone. I now face Shawn and he picks me up and spins me around.

"Congrats beautiful. You did it," he says and puts me down and wraps his arms around me. I know everyone is getting this on camera.

"Thank you," I smile up at him. He leans over to kiss me and I can't stop smiling into it when we hear many 'awes'. He pulls back and smiles at me. "I love you Shawn."

"I love you too Claire," he says handing me a bouquet of pink roses and we stand side to side to get a few pictures. 

"Going to miss ya," Nash says giving me a hug.

"I'll miss you too Nash," I say giving him one last hug. I get a picture with Nash and Shawn. Me standing in the middle. Aunt Jen hands his phone back to him and gives me a proud smile.

"You guys don't want to miss your flight," My aunt Jen says still teary eyed. I nod and look up at Shawn.

"Ready?" He asks me.

"I'm ready whenever you are."

~End of Trilogy~

Authors Note up next  ~>