Chapter 47: Her Test

•Do you have any questions about the story? All random questions and random statements can be taken here 👤 ~Sam

Awake ~47

Claire Johnson

"Claire... Claire..." I break my daze to look at Shawn. I look around realizing I'm still on the stage in the auditorium. The professors are talking amongst each other.

My cello is still in my hand and Shawn is standing in front of me holding me. What's go on? I just had my auditions. Why is Shawn out here holding me?

"Wh-what's going on?" I ask softly breaking the silence.

"You're finished Claire," Shawn half smiles. "You did amazing and sounded great!" He wraps his arms around me and my cello.

"Thank you. Shawn, I wouldn't be here without you."

"You deserve this Claire. I'm really proud of you and I'm so happy you're going here next semester." I take my cello and try to hug him the best I can, holding onto him tight.

We let go as the three professors walk up onto the stage over to us. They welcome me and congratulate me on the outstanding performance and can't wait to see me here in the fall. Shawn takes my cello and we walk off the stage towards the side room where my case is.

"Hey Claire?"

"Yeah?"

"Is it alright if we take a long route to your house? I know prom is tomorrow and Nash will be arriving. It's alright if we can't," he adds in quickly.

"Sure we can," I half smile. "What kind of route did you want to take?"

"I wanted to go back to my parents house. I uh... Forgot something and I didn't want to forget about it. It's fine if we can't go back. That's a really long drive, then to your house and you have to get ready for prom."

"It's alright Shawn." I close my case and stand. "I rather you see your family than being on time for prom."

"You're going to prom," he says taking my hand and we make our way out the building. "No matter what, we are going to your prom and you're going to be so beautiful like you always are." I smile a little. Awe Shawn. My phone starts ringing and I take it out to see my cousin calling. Shawn takes my cello as I answer the phone.

"Hey Jack."

"Hey cousin. How is everything with you and Shawn?"

"We're doing good." I look at Shawn and gave him a small smile. He swings our hands back and forth as I talk to my cousin. Once we arrive at our room, I get off the phone and start to pack my things.

~Four in the evening~

Shawn's phone goes off and I turn towards him to see him closing his luggage. He takes his phone and answers.

"Hey Nash," he says. "Wait slow down, he did what?" He looks concerned and a little mad at the same time. He looks at me for a second before making his way out our room and closing the door. I lay down on my bed and look up at the ceiling.

I lay here thinking to myself how much has changed my second semester of senior year. From my cousins to meeting Shawn or from meeting any of them to my parents. I wouldn't have imagined any of this happening. My phone vibrates from beside me and I take it looking at the text.

Unknown #: If you think you'll last with Shawn, YOU ARE WRONG

I sigh putting my phone away. It's not Taylor. I look at the area code. It's from New York. How did they get my number? I wait for Shawn to come back. It feels like I've been waiting for awhile. I think Shawn's mom will be here by six or six thirty. It's almost six and a half hour drive from Pickering to here.

I play with my fingers laying here in silence for awhile until the door opens and I sit up to see Shawn. He looks mad about something. I quickly get up walking over to him.

"What's wrong?" I ask, my voice coming out quietly. I'm not sure why.

"It's nothing," he states slightly harsh.

"Shawn, what happened with Nash?"

"It's nothing okay?!" He turns to me and I step back. His expression softens a little. "Claire, I'm sorry." He walks over to his things making sure he has everything. I sit down on my bed not sure what to say.

"What about prom?" I ask softly and regretting I asked that. What was I thinking?

"Claire, what about prom?" I should have avoided the question.

"Am I going with you?" Shawn turns around giving me a look of 'am I really asking that now?' look.

"I don't know. Are you?" He asks frowning a little. He's mad about the call. I have to remember that. "I mean if you want to go with Nash or something, go ahead."

"That wasn't my point Sh-"

"Then what? Why in the world would you be asking if I'm taking you or not. I mean if you have feelings for Nash. Go for it. It's alright if you want to go with him. I'm just saying, I think you'll be mad at Nash when we get to your house!" He raises his voice at me. I get up not saying anything. I know why he would be yelling at me.

I walk over to him and he watches me carefully. I notice there's hurt and confusion in his eyes. As I approach him, I hug him tightly and bury my head to his chest.

"I love you Shawn," I say softly and close my eyes.

•Awe, she said 'I love you' 💕 but what did Shawn mean by she will be mad at Nash? What could possibly be wrong now?