Chapter 13: Food

• My birthday is getting closer 🙈 4 more days (July 16) until I'm 17, whoa where does the time go?

Awake~13

Claire Johnson

"Do you want me to drive this time?" Shawn asked as we have lunch at a mall. We are about half an hour away from the house.

"Sure," I shrugged. I looked down at my Mac and cheese.

"Claire?"

"Yes Shawn?" He wrapped an arm around me and kissed my cheek.

"You know Cam was only looking out for you right?"

"I know," I sighed. "I'm not mad at him. Just a little annoyed."

"I know. Plus, I'm your boyfriend." I looked up and laughed a little and kissed his lips.

"Indeed you are Mendes."

"I know I am Johnson." I smiled at him. "I'm glad you're alright." He leaned in and placed his lips on mine to kiss me again.

"Well, who do we have here?" A familiar voice asked and I pulled away from Shawn to only see one of the seniors from my school, Carla.

"Hey Carla?" I asked unsure. She has never spoken to me before.

"Yeah, Claire right? You're the junior that's graduating with my class this year." I nodded my head. I'm sure this is the same girl who had always been talking about me with her friends...

"Hi, I'm Shawn," Shawn introduced himself. Carla smiled and shakes his hand. "Hey, aren't you CarlaCollabs on YouTube?"

"I am. You know who I am?" She asked with her cheeks turning a slight pink.

"I've seen some of your collabs before. I think you're videos are awesome!" I didn't know Shawn would be a fan of someone I knew. I didn't know her well or that she was a youtuber, but this is all news to me. "Claire, have you seen some of her videos before?" He asked me excitedly.

"No," I half smiled. "I haven't been on the internet much."

"Studying I assume?" Carla asked me.

"Yeah, those Ap exams were pretty exhausting. Did you take any ap courses?"

"Ap physics... When did you take it?"

"January before..."

"I'm sorry about your parents."

"Yeah..." I said slowly. "Where are you going to college?"

"Boston university. How about you?"

"I'm not sure. I have to check my mail. I have auditions for Juilliard, Berklee, Yale, Belmont and Manhattan."

"Cool," she gave me a small smile then looked over at Shawn. "How about you Shawn?"

"I'm a junior. One more year of online schooling," Shawn smiled at her. "It's really cool for you to come up to us. Maybe we'll see you around?"

"For sure. I love hanging out with Claire." Lies. "I'll see you guys at the senior events?"

"Yeah. We'll be there." Carla smiled and waved before walking away. "She nice," Shawn said to me. I smiled and nod a little. "Ooo, do you have a dress for prom already?"

"Not yet, I was going to have Cam and Taylor take me."

"You don't want me to come?" He faked pout.

"I want my dress to be a surprise," I giggled at him a little.

"Awe okay. Well, can you help me find a tux and a tie to match your dress?"

"Of course Shawn." I took a bite from my greasy pizza. My phone rang and I pick up the phone.

"Hey Nash," I answered.

"Hey Claire. Is everything alright?"

"Yeah. I'm good. Shawn and I stopped by the mall to have lunch."

"Ohh... Okay that's cool. I'm at Walmart with everyone. Do you or Shawn want anything?" I turned to Shawn.

"Nash is asking if you want anything from Walmart."

"Ingredients to make muffins please," he smiled and I roll my eyes playfully.

"Shawn wants to make muffins." I giggle a little. I hear Nash laugh a little

"How about you?"

"Bacon please."

"Will do. I'll see you when you get to the house."

"Okay. Bye Nash."

"Bye Claire." I hung up and Shawn poked me.

"Ready to go?" I nodded and we start to get up.

•Are there any Harry Potter fans here? If you are what house are you in ? Just wondering 😄 *cough* fanfic ideas *cough*