Chapter 38: Sudden

•What is your favorite color?

Awake ~38

Sam Wilkinson

Shawn, Nash and I make our way upstairs to get Claire. We walk into Jacks room and we see Jack hugging Claire tightly and Claire crying and whimpering a little. I was going to make my way over when Shawn beats me to it and he kneels down in front of her. Nash slowly walks over and sits down on the bed next to her.

"Claire?" Shawn asks softly. She looks at him and I see the way she looks at him. She's already forgiven Shawn. I can tell and I think G notices it too. He says something so quiet that I couldn't hear and the next thing I know, she is hugging him and he hugs back kissing her forehead.

Johnson looks at me and gives me a small nod. Nash says something, but I'm not sure what he is saying, but Claire nods her head. What are they saying to her? Shawn takes her hand and helps her stand. Nash stands up and they look up at me. Claire walks over to me and gives me a hug. I wrap my arms around her waist and look at both Nash and Shawn while her head rests against mine.

"Are you going to be alright to go out?" I ask her.

"C-can we have a picnic at the park?" She asks sniffling. Shawn and Nash mouths for me to say 'yes'. Of course we were going to do what she wanted.

"Of course we can. We can pack blankets and get food at the grocery store." She nods her head pulling back. I give her a small smile as I take her hand. I lead her downstairs and let her sit down on the stool in the kitchen. Shawn and Nash sits beside her. Nash hands her a piece of paper and a pen.

"You can write down the things you want to get at the store," Nash says softly. Claire nods her head and thanks him. I walk over to get some blankets and a basket to keep everything in later and return to the kitchen.

~Market~

Claire Johnson

We're all at the store and they are all walking behind me. It feels weird, because they're watching me. They're waiting to see what happens. My phone vibrates and I take my phone to only see more negative things from Cam and Taylor. I don't bother to open them and put my phone back in the pocket.

I look up and realize we've reached the candy section. I look down at my list and grab some candies when my phone rings and I drop the candy. Sam quickly picks it up while I apologize.

"It's fine Claire, aren't you going to answer your phone?" He asks. I nod taking it out to see someone I refuse to answer and press the ignore button. I put my phone in my pocket and I suddenly don't want to go food shopping anymore for the picnic.

"Claire?" Nash asks coming close to me and I step away. He stops. Sam comes to my side and looks at me.

"Who just called you?" He asks me.

"T-Taylor," my voice cracks. He gives me a hug.

"Ignore him. He is an asshole and I am going to beat th-"

"She doesn't like cursing Sam," Shawn says quickly. He pulls away from the hug and nods looking at me.

"Shawn, how about you and Claire wait in the car? Nash and I can finish the shopping." I nod my head looking over at Shawn. I hand the list to Nash. Sam hands the keys to Shawn and the two of us start to make our way outside.

I get in the back seat and Shawn starts the car so there is air condition. He locks the doors, then he climbs through the middle to the back seat and I laugh a little bit. He sits next to me and I lay my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me and he takes one of his hands to play with mine.

After a little while of playing with my hands, he starts to sing to me. His voice can always put a smile on my face. I look down at out hands and I let my hand intertwine his and I yawn. I listen to his voice as I begin to go to sleep.

Shawn Mendes

I carefully lay her head on my lap as I play with her soft hair. She went to sleep and I hope she doesn't have any bad dreams. I really wish I didn't mess things up between us and I really want to fix it.

She's been through so much lately, I wish I could take all her pain away. I want her to trust me again and I want her to come to me when she needs help. I just wish urg... Why am I so stupid? Cam, Taylor and Nash were helping me until I completely messed everything up. If it wasn't for me, Taylor and Cam wouldn't be the way they are now, Claire and I would still be together and she and Nash would still be very close. My phone rings and I quickly answer.

"Hello?" I answer. I check the caller ID. Oh it's Andrew.

"Hey Shawn. So everything is all set with your ep."

"That's great, thank you Andrew."

"No problem. We're all very proud of you. We talked to Austin and his managers about that one date for the concert."

"That's great, what did they say?"

"You said Claire's ceremony is in the morning right?"

"Yes."

"You can go Shawn if..."

"If?" I ask.

"You and Claire leave after the ceremony to fly to your tour stop. Austin would like to meet Claire and maybe she can perform a song or two with you."

"I'd have to ask her first. I think there's suppose to be a celebration after."

"Then you might have to leave alone Shawn. It's the best I can do. You're going to have to get on a seven hour flight with barely any rehearsal time before you're up bud."

"I'll ask her aunt and talk to her about it soon."

"Okay. If she's coming, we have to get her flight tickets Shawn."

"I know, I'll let you know as soon as I can."

"No rush. You have a little while until that date. I hope you and Claire have a great time."

"Thank you Andrew."

"See you soon."

"You too." I hang up and lay my head back against the seat.

•Claire has been me these past few days writing. Emotional mess with writing. How about you guys?