Chapter 16: Thoughts

•MY DAD JUST TEXTED ME AND HE BOUGHT ME A VIP TICKET FOR DIGITOUR SLAYBELLS DSJCZGXB AM I BREATHING RIGHT NOW? 🙏🏼😱💕

Awake ~16

Shawn Mendes

"Hey Carla?" I asked coming out of the changing room. I walked out to see her sitting on her phone and we are shopping for my tux. She looked up and smiled at me.

"Shawn you should definitely get this one," she smiled.

"Do you think Claire will like it?"

"She will love it." I nodded and looked at the full view mirror before going back into the changing room.

"So, what was Claire like in school?" I asked curious. Claire mentioned once that she didn't have any friends. I think she was over exaggerating because Carla seemed like a very nice girl and she said she knows her.

"She was very quiet and she was nice. She's a really nice girl and she's very sweet."

"Sounds like the Claire I know," I smiled starting to put my clothes back on. "So how did you two meet?"

"It was my sophomore year and she was a freshman. She was in one of my classes and I invited her to join my group of friends to do a project we were starting." I finished and took the tux walking out. "Are you going to get your tie?"

"Not yet, I'm waiting for Claire to pick out her dress."

"Ohh. She told me she was going to wear a dress her mom has given her. She already has her dress."

"Oh," I said confused. Claire told me she needed a dress, but maybe she forgot.

"I remember the color. We can find the color," Carla smiled.

"Okay, I'm going to buy the tux first." We walked over to the cash register to purchase my tux before going to another store to buy my tie.

Claire Johnson's pov

"Shawn?" I asked rolling over to my side and opened my eyes to find the bed empty. I sat up feeling glum and sad. I reached for my phone to see no notifications. I get out of bed and opened my door to my room and walked down the hall before making my way down the stairs.

I walked into the living room to find Cam asleep. I then walked into the kitchen to find no one there. The basement has all the lights off. I made my way over to the coffee maker and started it.

I took my phone out and called Shawn to only be led to his voicemail.

"Hey, this is Shawn and I'm sorry I couldn't get to the phone. Leave your name and your awesome message. I'll try to get back to you and have a magical day!" Then the phone beeped.

"H-hey Shawn," I said a little uneasy. "I uh, was just wondering where did you go? I hope everything's alright and hope to see you later," I said hopefully. I don't know what to say. It's very unusual for him to not say where he would be. "Bye," I smiled a little and hung up.

I put my phone down and sighed. I walked over to fridge and realized I don't want to eat. I lost my appetite since yesterday. I walked over to the sink and started to wash the dishes.

~Eight minutes later~

"Claire?" I turned my head to see a sleepy Cam.

"Hey," I said rinsing a plate off with soap. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I was really upset thinking about my... Parents." I said biting my lip again. I finished up the last of the dishes and sat down trying to not cry or even tear again.

"Claire, it's alright to cry," Cam said softly. He sat next to me. "Do you want to talk about it?" I nodded slightly.

"I really wish they were here to see me going off to prom or see me receive my diploma. I worked so hard and I wanted to see that smile on their faces once they found out that I'm giving the valedictorian speech," I sniffled. "Th-they didn't know I was going to be giving the speech."

"Y-you're giving the speech?" Cam asked completely shocked. I nodded and I hid my face in my hands.

"Hey," Cam said softly and I felt him take my hands and hold them so I'm looking at him. "Your parents would have been very proud. Claire this is amazing to be the top of the class and you're graduating a year early. I'm proud of you and everyone you know is proud of you. How about we go visit them now? Is their cemetery close by?" I nodded and hugged him glad he was here to talk about this. I was going to talk to Shawn when I woke up because he told me I could talk to him about anything, but he was not here and I have no idea where he went.

"Do you know by any chance where Shawn is?"

"No, I thought he was upstairs with you. He's not there now?" I shook my head. "Ohh, did he leave a note?" I shook my head again. "A text?" I shook my head again for the third time. "How about we go visit your parents first then we'll worry about him after. I'm sure you really want to visit them." I nodded and we both get up making our way upstairs to change in our separate rooms.

•Do you guys have any thoughts?