Chapter 46: Seminar

•Early update before Friday 👀😁 This is dedicated to my history class because this chapter is my history project and I was also experimenting ~Sam

Awake ~49

~Days later: Thursday morning~

Claire Johnson

Shawn is right about McGill. It's perfect and everything that I've ever wanted is here. The last few visit days here with Shawn has been amazing. He has been really kind to me, showing me around and took me to a few classes. We've met with some of the professors and the administrators. We've even had a few lunch or dinner chats at the art gallery.

I think the city is beautiful and there's a lot I can do here. I love the city, speaking the language I love. Shawn and I have been been going on dates since we've been here.

Currently we are on our way to a seminar for history. Shawn didn't exactly specify what sort of history, but we are scheduled to try it out today. Besides the seminar today, I have my cello audition.

Shawn may have forgotten to mention to me that I have to do an actual audition. The music professors want to see me perform live. Very nerve racking thought.

"Claire, you're going to be fine," Shawn says to me as we enter the building.

"Auditions is two hours after this seminar, this... I'm so nervous," I shudder. I'm mentally not prepared for this.

"You'll be amazing as you always are. I'll be there supporting you." I look up at him and smile squeezing his hand. We walk into the classroom and I look around to see it's in a circular set up of a half circle facing towards the front. It's leveled and leads down to the center where I see the professor. I let go of Shawn's hand and we make our way over to the professor. She turns and smiles once she sees me.

"Bonjour mademoiselle."

"Bonjour Madame. Je m'appelle Claire et c'est Shawn." Shawn gives a small wave.

"It's nice to meet you too. I received an email you would be here for our seminar today. Welcome to Montreal! How do you like your visit here so far?"

"It's great!" We talk to the professor for a few moments until I realize most of the students are in their seats. Shawn and I are introduced at first before we were seated towards the back. Shawn and I sit and I take a little bit of notes trying to pay attention. Only one slight problem, Shawn keeps poking me with a pencil because he's bored.

~Hour into the seminar~

"... And Claire Johnson," the professor says. My head shot up from my notebook a little confused. Everyone turns around looking at me.

"Yes?" I ask not sure what she had asked. I've mostly been going through my music for auditions. (Video at the beginning)

"Can you come down here please?" I put my pen down slowly getting up. I look at Shawn and he gives me a small thumbs up as I make my way down towards the professor and another student who is standing down there with her. "We are going to be having  a discussion debate." In the inside I am freaking out. I've never really liked being in front, up for discussion. Especially when history isn't my specialty.

"What is the debate on?" I ask nervously. The girl standing beside me turns a little to look at me. She seems like a history kind of person. I hope I know what the topic is in this matter.

"You and Ann here will be assigned a role." The both of us nod. "Two different roles and the class will take notes and see how everything plays out." So fun. My hands are sweaty already. Claire calm down.