Chapter 29: Her Type of Friends

•I could really go for a chocolate croissant. How about you?~Sam

Awake ~29

Shawn Mendes

She broke up with me and this is all my fault. I just wanted to help her and I messed that up too. I don't see what Claire has against them. They're really nice people.

I walk over to the bookstore, Claire's favorite store. Maybe I can buy her some things here. Even if she's upset or mad at me, I still want her to know how sorry I am. I walk into the big place looking around. There's so many books.

What kind of books does she like to read? I know she loves reading, but what? I walk towards the teen romance and I look around before walking into the isle.

~Twenty minutes later~

I look around until I felt my shirt being tugged on. I turn around and look down to see a little girl looking up at me with a small smile. I smile down at her.

"Hello there. What's your name?"

"Emily," she smiles. She's probably five or six. "Y-you're Shawn Mendes."

"I am," I kneel down so I'm eye level with her.

"I love your songs so much and your voice is pretty." Awe she's really cute.

"Thank you Emily. That's really sweet of you." I hug her and she hugs me back.

"Emily!" Someone calls.

"I'm over here!" Her cheerful voice screams. Moments later I look to see an older girl who resembles Emily a lot. Golden, blondish slash brown hair and the same nose feature. She freezes once she sees me. I stand up with Emily in my arms.

"Holy Crap Em...." The girl says with wide eyes. "You found Shawn Mendes!" Her mouth parts in shock. I smile and look between the two.

"Are you two siblings?" I ask.

"We are," the girl says. "I'm Anna."

"It's nice to meet you."

"You're dating Claire Johnson right? I love how you two are together." There goes my aching heart again. "We're here to hangout with her," Anna smiles. "Nash told me and my friends to come and surprise her," I look up at her. This is news to me. Claire has never mentioned Anna or her friends?

"Oh..."

"Are you meeting her here too?" Emily asks.

"No," I half smile. "I uh, we're not really together right now..."

"Oh." Anna says. "I hope everything works out okay."

"I hope so too..." Emily looks at me and gives me a small smile.

"Can I have a picture with you?" She asks.

"Of course." Anna smiles a little and takes her phone out. I stand with Emily in my arms and smile.

"Can my sister get a picture too?"

"Definitely," I look over at Anna and she's blushing. Anna hands her sister the phone and she comes to stand next to me. I decide to kiss her cheek and Emily takes the picture.

"Thank you," Anna says astonished. "I love your music and you've inspired so many girls."

"Thank you," I say and give her a smile. "You and millions more have let me live out my dream. I should be thanking all of you," I say honestly. Most of all I should be thanking Claire. I know what I can do.

"It was cool and amazing to see you," Emily says handing the phone over to Anna.

"Maybe we'll see you around," Anna smiles a little and takes her sisters hand.

"Maybe," I smile and I wave as they leave. I turn back to the selves and decide to buy some books that I think Claire would like.

Claire Johnson

"Awe Claire!" Nash whines and I'm taking a vine on his phone. I look up to see him covered in the ice cream I smeared all over his face. I watch the loop and start to laugh.

"Nash, you look so cute," I smile showing his phone to him. He stares at it for a few moments before a smile appears on his face.

"That's what you think, but thank you." He kisses my cheek and I felt the ice cream get onto me.

"Nash!" He chuckles and takes a napkin to wipe my cheek and his mouth.

"There. You're all clean now." I smile and continue to lick my ice cream.

"Can I post it?"

"The video? Sure, you can caption whatever you'd like." I nod typing away. After I finish, I look up and see Anna and a younger girl approaching us with a smile.

"Hey," I smile and they both sit down to join us with their food.

"Hey Claire. Nash invited us, Well he called Kayleigh and we all talked," Anna says with a smile. I look over at Nash, who gives me a small smile

"I hope it was alright," Nash smiles nervously. "We all planned a cool sleepover for you."

"That's really nice of you guys," I smile and thank them.

"And I'm going to be there!" The younger girl says.

"What's your name?"

"I'm Emily, Anna's sister."

"It's nice to meet you." She looks a lot like Anna. She's really cute.

"How old are you Emily?" Nash asks.

"Four! I start school after this summer!"

"Do you know who your teacher is yet?" Nash asks continuing the conversation. Anna and I look at each other and smile.

"Not yet, but I hope I have a nice teacher!" Moments later I see Grace and Kayleigh coming over.

"Hey everyone," Grace says and the two of them sits down.

"Hey little Em," Kayleigh smiles and hugs her.

"Hi Kayleigh, hi Grace!" She says cheerfully.

"Hey Em," Grace greets.

"Are you up for today and tonight?" Kayleigh asks me and everyone smiles.

"I'm up for it," then I realize and turn to Nash. "But what about Ca-"

"Don't worry about it,"Nash smiles. "Tonight is about you and we're all going to have a great time."

•Aweee Nash, you set this up for Claire? 💕 Next update starts off with Jack Johnson's pov. Doesn't make sense if he's not there right?