Chapter 42: For Claire

•Do you play or have you played any musical instruments or in a music ensemble?

Awake ~42

Claire Johnson

He told me to tell my cousin and everyone here that everything wasn't working out. That I wanted this just so we didn't have everyone behind our back trying to kill one another if they take sides. Reading Shawn's tweets hurts the most honestly.

@shawnmendes: we're broken up, done with this relationship

@shawnmendes: I'm done with it

I hate this so much. I told him I'd figure how to deal with stupid hate and he chooses to go along with Taylor. Except he was serious. I sit on the swing bench alone as my Twitter and everything goes crazy. I read a few.

Awe, but I shipped you two a lot 😟 @clairejohnson @shawnmendes

I hope you guys stay friends. You guys seemed so happy together @shawnmendes @clairejohnson

Yes! Finally Shawn realizes that this girl isn't right for him. This is probably the best day of my life @shawnmendes @clairejohnson

I put my phone away wiping tears and see Sam slowly coming to me. I can't believe he'd pick protecting me over my heart. I'm thoughtful that he was thinking about me, but at the same time, I'm an emotional mess. I need him and now he pushes away.

I see the back door open and see my cousin and G coming through. I slowly stand up putting on a small smile. Once they see me, their smile gets even bigger.

"Hello cousin," Jack say with sympathy.

"Hey," I say softly.

"Heard about the breakup," G says in the same tone. "I had no idea you two were back together today?" My cousin gives him a glare.

"It wasn't really working out," I say looking down, because Taylor had to ruin it. I don't get what is his problem. This is all his fault.

"Awe, will you still be able to go to McGill to tour and stuff?"

"Yeah," I shrug.

"Alright. Well if you ever need anything. We're here for you Claire."

"Thank you," I half smile. He leads me inside. I look up and I see three smiling familiar faces. "Lox, Jacob, Aaron," I half smile walking over to them. I hug them all and they join in.

"It has been forever," Mahogany says to me.

"Definitely." We all pull back. "Thank you guys for coming."

"We've missed you," Jacob smiles.

"Like a lot," Aaron says.

"Awe," I say and hug the two of them. I then pull back. We all make our way outside. Mahogany takes my hand and leads me back outside. I instantly smell the food and we take plates and pass them around. I grab a burger bun my meat, some chips and make my way over to the bench where Aaron is with his food. "Hey Aaron."

"Hey," he smiles and I sat down.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I'm glad to be here with you guys and missing a little bit of school."

"That must be nice. Ready for summer I bet?"

"Yeah. Definitely. I'm really excited for Digi Fest. Your cousin and Jack are the head of the tour. You're going to be at the events this summer, right?"