Chapter 24: It's Okay

It's Shawn birthday! Oh my gosh we're now the same age 🙈Happy Birthday Shawn I Love you so much! Check out what some of our fellow readers and I made for his birthday.  Thank you for everyone who has been apart of it 💕 (: ~Sam

Awake~24

Claire Johnson

"I-I love you," he says looking into my eyes. I'm in shock and he looks scared thinking he might have said it too soon.

"I-I," I want to say it to him, but the words are still caught in my throat.

"You don't have to say it yet," he says understanding. "C-can we forget that we ever broke up? I to want be with you." He wraps his arms around me. I wrap my arms around his neck and I nod my head putting my head to his chest.

"Can we cuddle?" I ask and look up at him to see him half smiling. I probably have just given him a scare.

"I thought you'd never ask." We slowly made our way over to the bed and he helps me into the covers and gets in beside me. He takes his papers off the bed and places them on the table beside us. He wraps his arms around me by pulling me closer to him. I look up at him tiredly and he smiles down at me.

I wrap my arms around his neck and place my lips on his so we start to kiss. He moves his hands down to my waist before he stops and pulls away.

"You should rest Claire," he says softly. "We just had an argument and you just had a panic attack. We should slow down," he says with small worry in his voice and he kisses my nose. I nod my head and put my head on his chest

~Dream~

"M-mom... D-dad... Please come back," I plead as I look at their coffins. I'm dressed in black at my parents funeral. They're both ice cold. I look around and see Shawn. I rush over to him. "Sh-Shawn," I say with fear.

He doesn't say anything as he is talking to one of my relatives and Carla is sitting beside him. I try to get their attention, but when I try to grab his hand, my hand goes right through. I wave my hands in front, but no one notices. Shawn smiles at Carla faintly. What is she doing here?

"Thanks for coming Carla," he says to her.

"I wouldn't miss it in the world. I'm sorry you lost Claire." He looks down sadly and I'm confused. I hear a mic and I turn around to see my cousin Jack standing and I then notice a huge picture of me on a stand. I quickly walk up towards Jack and notice it's my body in the coffin now. Not my parents.

"My cousin Claire was a beautiful, smart and musical kind of girl. She had the sweetest laugh and was very caring. I opened her acceptance letters to her top schools and she got into all of them with full scholarships," my cousin says sadly. He turns towards my body. "Cousin, you were set for an amazing music career... I wish you were still here. I miss you and love you. I hope you rest in peace," he finishes.

I quickly make my way over to him to hug him. I go right through him instead.

"J-Jack." The air in my lungs starts to be taken away from me.

Shawn Mendes

"N-no please..." I hear Claire mumble in her sleep. I put my head up and try to see her, but she must have rolled over. I sit up putting my hand on her arm. "J-Jack. Don't leave please. No don't go," she says starting to stir more in her sleep. Soon she starts to freakout and is calling my name. I try to shake her awake without trying to scare her anymore than she already is.

She wakes with a jolt and buries her head into my chest shaking. I pull her close to me trying to calm her. Her breathing is rapid and she whimpers scared.

"I'm right here Claire. You're alright," I say softly. "I won't let anything happen to you. I'm here. It's okay."

"Please don't leave," she says into my chest.

"I w-won't Claire," I say confused. What does she mean? Don't leave her as in break up? Because of her parents? College? To the bathroom? She pulls back and I notice how afraid she is right now. She runs her fingers through her hair. I put my hand on her face and she looks at me tiredly.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes feeling bad.

"It's alright Claire," I say softly and lean in to kiss her. I know she would calm down a little after this so I kiss her until we both needed to breathe. I pull back and look at her. "Will you be able to go back to sleep?" She shakes her head.

"I can let you sleep. I'll just go up to my r-"

"I'm going to stay up with you." I reach for my phone to check the time. One thirty in the morning. "How about we do something?" I know where I can take her.

"I don't want to keep you awake." I get off the bed and take her hand. She's still dressed. I can take her out somewhere. I pull her out of bed and lead her out the room, up the stairs into the kitchen. "Shawn, what are you doing?" She whispers. I take the keys off the hook and lead her outside.

"We're going to a party."